Wave 73 - Spider-man Homecoming

Mysterious Stranger

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 5:08 PM, DarthBurkie said:

Man, that Hogan is light years beyond the OG, looking forward to that IM too!

I misread this as Hogun... and briefly thought for a fleeting moment that Thor: Ragnarok lineup/concepts might have been released, and we were finally confirmed to be getting a Hogun and Fandral (for the third time).

Then I realized it was Hogan, and got sad again.

Edited by Gillbob316

I think this wave packed 4-4-2-2 in standard cases, which seems to have been the right call. My LCS is out of Stark Spidey & Shocker and Homemade Spidey & Vulture packs (4 and 4), but they still have the BD Spidey & Tinkerer and Peter & May packs (2 and 2).

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Available at Entertainment Earth booth at SDCC and at TRU.com starting 7/20/17.

I wasn't expecting another Vulture figure given that he has an alt look in the regular retail pack. But for a convention exclusive it works. Half-mask, burger Spidey I guess is a fun exclusive and could be appealing to the casual SDCC attendee IF he comes with regular hands and full mask head. I'll try to get a couple because its a neat set and I like the idea someone on Facebook had of giving the burger/soda hands to Deadpool.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

As an exclusive on it's own, it's not bad... Better than sewer muck Spidey and You-don't-want-to-know-what-that-stain-is Lizard from a few years back.

As what looks like the only minimate exclusive... :nono:

If there are fewer MM exclusives, it's because they have not sold as well at the show as other items, or we would do more. Instead, we try to put that extra love into the regular releases. This works as an inexpensive, casual-fan item for SDCC, and as a kid-friendly TRU and toysrus.com exclusive. The argument could be made for many of our recent-ish Marvel Comics SDCC 4-packs being too "current" (new character looks, quasi-recent storylines) or too "dated" (old storylines ,strictly for the old-school). This is relatively timeless, and if it introduces new fans to the brand, that will help us in the future in terms of bringing on more buyers to support the regular releases.

And the next time you have trouble with toysrus.com, stop and thank TRU for supporting the brand. Ditto Walgreens, for related reasons.

I'm happy to have Holland Spidey in general, and I'm a completist, so I'll get all of them regardless, but I honestly don't think you can get better than Garfield's ASM2 costume, and have that figure in my "MCU" display (with my Deadpool QCs as well).

6 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Saw it today and it was great. I'm starting the campaign for a Ned minimate in the sequel wave right now. He was hysterical. ?

Still not sure why his name is Ned, as from what I've seen from the trailers he's a complete rip-off of Ganke from Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (and now Spider-Man).

Edited by OvenproofBug6