UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 73 - Spider-man Homecoming

Mysterious Stranger

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a nice wave if a bit unexciting. I suppose it will be easier to judge once the movie comes out. A few thoughts:

-The Spider-Man figure is really good, it's very detailed and the webs line up well. You can see the webs through the white eyes but it's not as bad as many recent Spider-Man figures.

-The sculpted webs on the web shooters for the homemade suits are interesting, I didn't expect that detail.

-So many webline accessories. It would be nice to replace this with just about anything else.

-Vulture's another cool minimate and the Keaton likeness on Vulture is one of the best I've seen.

-The stands don't fit the feet very well again. The flight stand does fit Vulture.

I really like this wave, but Spidey has always been my favourite. The new MCU costume is such a great design for toys.

Credit to DST for getting this wave out before the movie. Not sure that's happened before, and they normally get a lot of flak for missing a movie release.

1 hour ago, UK Collector said:

I really like this wave, but Spidey has always been my favourite. The new MCU costume is such a great design for toys.

Credit to DST for getting this wave out before the movie. Not sure that's happened before, and they normally get a lot of flak for missing a movie release.

Personally, I'm pretty meh on the Stark costume, but I love the homemade look. It's exactly what I'd want in a live-action Spidey costume. I'll still get Stark Spidey for my MCU Avengers/Civil War display.

And DST got the GotGv2 wave out before the movie too. I'm really liking this trend.

7 hours ago, bofox said:

Does anyone have tips on how to straighten out the web line accessories? 

I've been told certain religions have camps for such a thing but they're generally considered ineffective and occasionally inhumane. 

honestly though I'd take something heavy, tape it to the end of one, and find something to hang it from and maybe it'll de-curl eventually. 

I just attach one end to a larger bulked up Minimate and the other end to something else and let the mate hang for an hour or two. I'm sure heating it up with water then stretching it out then holding it under cold water would work also 

Edited by Heinous

After having these on display for about a week I've found Vulture has a problem: The weight of his wings will eventually cause the knees to bend and the figure will topple over backwards. The knees were pretty tight when I got the figure so I don't think it's a quality issue. It's manageable if you set up your display carefully but could be bad news if you're not expecting it, those wings could cause a serious domino effect.