UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 73 - Spider-man Homecoming

Mysterious Stranger

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true.  We've been watching Feud, about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford, and starring Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange. One thing that amazes me is that Davis and Crawford were both in their mid-50s during the period the show is set, and that Sarandon and Lange are both around 70 (and Sarandon still looks amazing).

Or the Aunt May on Ultimate Spider-Man. She was young and adventurous (and dated Coulson), but at least she had grey hair!

13 minutes ago, RedTiger95 said:

Basically what you guys are saying is the actress is too good looking. Which I may say she's aged gracefully. Maybe they're going for longevity with these actors.

I don't think it's an issue, but I do think the people who don't like the casting are more hung up on her appearance than her age.

17 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm not saying she should look like the comic version or even Raimi Spider-Man Aunt May, but there's a reason cartoon May dated Coulson, while movie May is getting attention from Tony freaking Stark.

I'd date Coulson if I could. :yes:

I said elsewhere (maybe even earlier in this thread, Im old I can remember these damm things) that the whole point of Aunt May is that she is a burden, a big old boulder around his neck complicating life. The more I think about it, the more I think the Sally Fields Aunt May missed the point, she whined about money a bit but then she when out and got a qualification and got her self a job and was useful during the final crisis. Her story arch about needing Peter to buy her eggs was a bit lacking because she was more then capable of getting her own eggs. There really wasn't any reason Peter couldn't conveniently have gotten a European newspaper correspondent job and jetted off to London with his hot girlfriend. Now this Peter is younger and needs somebody in a guardian role, but it's going to be a whole different dynamic which I'm not sure will bring anything interesting to the characters conflict.  

• 1 month later...

Be careful what you wish for...

At first I thought Vulture's wings could have been a little bigger. That's a minor nitpick. Another one is how much space he takes up in my Plano bin; a record setting five spots! That's two more than Galactus. I may have no choice but to display him ASAP.

Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with this assortment and looking forward to adding Tony and Happy soon.