UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 73 - Spider-man Homecoming

Mysterious Stranger

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vulture looks great, very impressed with the wings, Spidey is cool too.

Not taken with the rest of the figures. Civs just look bland to me and I have to agree that while they are prob character accurate I thought the Aunt May mate was actually Mary Jane and the other one was Stark with some sort of turban on.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, suicidewatch said:

That Shocker is seriously disappointing...not as a figure, just as a look. As much as I love the MCU, the villain costumes by and large (with a few exceptions) continue to suck. 

That is not his final look...

Unfortunately, it seems he is another victim of DST not getting source material in time.

Here's the promo pic of his final suit, should you want to check it out: 

Edited by CBMM1

Not sure that's a lot better.

I've never cared for the Ultimate Iron Man armor so I'm not keen on it's influence showing up in the movie. However, DST did a good job translating it to a minimate, far better than the last two extremely disappointing armors they've made. Too bad there's not a sculpted helmet.

10 hours ago, bilbofett said:

I'm a Marvel completist, so I'll pick these up. But man these designs are lame.(not a knock on DST, but the filmmakers). Spiderman finally makes his way to the MCU and this is what they crapped out!! God, Sony you suck!

i've been on the fence about the Spider-Man suit itself since Civil War. I love how bright and colorful it is. It really pops more than any other costume in the MCU, but it's just a little too techy for my tastes. Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a dumpster fire of a movie, but it's the best damn Spidey costume we will ever see on screen. 

The homemade Spidey suit is okay. It definitely looks like something a teenager with no money would design for himself. I just really don't like the hoodie, because it's super unpractical for a dude that's swinging around a city all day. That damn hood would be getting snagged on things all the time. 

I don't like the look of any of these villains. They're either boring (Tinkerer) or ugly (Shocker). As for Vulture, I get that they wanted something more menacing for a BIG BAD, but I feel like it's a little over designed. It's fine, I guess. 

Edited by suicidewatch

I mean, I just... I dunno man.  I'm fine with breaking from canon, to a certain extent, but sexy Aunt May is just something I'm not ready for intellectually.  And I can't be the only one that looked at that Minimate and thought "that would be the perfect stand-in for a comic Mary Jane".

19 hours ago, bofox said:

Looks like they finally heard the complaints with the shoulder pieces for Iron Man. Really digging his look

If I had the money, I'd hire someone to go to China, find the tooling for those damned shoulders, and have it "lost" forever. I just discovered they're used in the Walgreens Series 4 assortment and it encouraged me to dream up that plan.

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

I mean, I just... I dunno man.  I'm fine with breaking from canon, to a certain extent, but sexy Aunt May is just something I'm not ready for intellectually.  And I can't be the only one that looked at that Minimate and thought "that would be the perfect stand-in for a comic Mary Jane".

I keep seeing Mary Jane, too, but I'm totally fine with a teenage Peter having a 52-year-old aunt.

You're absolutely right, I know; Aunt May and Uncle Ben were probably always drawn older than they should be.  It's just weird is all.  But hey, I'm not going to be having dinner alone with her or anything, because I'm a married man and that wouldn't be appropriate.