UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 73 - Spider-man Homecoming

Mysterious Stranger

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homemade Suit & Battle-Damaged are the only ones missing, alongside the Iron Man/Happy TRU Pack, so yeah, I'm good. I'll get Vulture, but I'm sitting this one out. Nothing wrong with them, it's just that the villains are unrecognizable and the civvies are rather bland, so...

PS: Anybody think it's weird that Aunt May looks like an MJ fig? I get the whole "age-gap" thing, but couldn't Marvel have gone with the Ultimate route and made her hair white/silver? Just to make her stand out a bit. 

I'll definitely get homemade Spider-Man & Vulture and Spidey & Shocker. It's a shame Shocker doesn't look more like the leaked set photo, but the rest look great.

I'm not as sure about the other sets, though. Peter looks good, but I don't really need ToMay. Tinkerer is unsurprisingly just a civilian, so I think I'll be able to skip that set.

I honestly could not figure out that was Aunt May. Isn't Tomei's hair darker than that?

Vulture looks great; definitely the most impressive figure from the wave.

I would have liked to see Iron Man, just to see if there was anything new or if it's just reused Mk 42 parts again.

It looks like there's some sort of braces around his legs to keep him up. The marvel legends version even comes with a stand for him and his wings. Curious to why/how they went this big in the movie when there's people like Ironman or Falcon flying around the MCU with a lot less 

The wings look hyper realistic as opposed to the simplified style of most minimates. It's odd and I don't know if I'm 100% into it but I'll get the wave nonetheless. I'm a big fan of the Holland mate and Spidey mate!

i totally didn't know that was aunt tomay either. 

P.S. Tomay makes me think of tomatoes so I might start referring to her as Such ?