UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 73 - Spider-man Homecoming

Mysterious Stranger

I remember reading a profile of Avi Avard (head of Marvel Studios for those that don't know) and it said that he basically thinks all the actors are replaceable save for Downey.  I don't know if I think that's true (Evans and Hemsworth are both pretty much perfect as Cap and Thor in my eyes), but with that line of thinking they will probably recast eventually.  I wonder if Marvel would have an easier time selling a new character as Iron Man or Captain America if they introduce them in the movies before the comics. In the latter there's always the feeling in the back of your mind that the "real" character will come back eventually.  But if they were to kill Tony Stark in the next Avengers movie and introduce someone new, then follow suit in the comics, that might be more accepted.  Who knows.  In an ideal world they'd be able to keep mining their intellectual properties for overlooked characters, and even create some new ones, but Marvel really hasn't had much success in creating stars outside of the ones Lee, Kirby, and Ditko brought to life.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike is frugal as hell. Notoriously so. I have no doubt he went in believing certain players were expendable. (Ask Terrance Howard and Ed Norton.) He treated Downey well, though.

If I were Feige's boss, I'd be concerned that he'd spend too much money to keep the status quo, lowering the ROI. The more expensive a star gets, the more budget is cut from other aspects of a film, especially creative. 

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=21051

Diamond Select Toys' 73rd wave of Marvel Minimates will be based on the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming movie. While images for the actual figures have yet to be released here is how the wave will breakdown:

A Diamond Select Toys Release! One of the most highly anticipated Spider-Man films of all time is almost upon us, and DST is offering a full assortment of Minimates based on the movie! This assortment features four different two-packs: Spider-Man vs. Shocker, Homemade Suit Spider-Man vs. Vulture, and two comic-shop exclusive sets -- Battle-Damaged Spider-Man vs. the Tinkerer, and Peter Parker with May Parker! Each Minimates mini-figure features 14 points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts, and each two-pack comes packaged in a full-color window box.

Look for these to be released in June 2017. 

Edited by fwoosheyman

So, Tony will probably be at TRU? Along with Civil War Spidey, maybe? It's too bad we aren't getting more support characters, but I guess that has been the complaint for the last three Spidey offerings.

Otherwise this sounds like a solid lineup. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Comic shop exclusives ? I really hope Luke has both since my comic shops don't carry mates. 

Comic shop exclusives are just the regular numbered LCS wave. Wave 69 is comic shop exclusive.

I think this is a good lineup, as I wouldn't have been that interested in civilians. No Ned Leeds is surprising though, as is the number of Spideys. I can't see LCS more costumed Spider-Man variants, so I guess the TRU set will be another along with the confirmed Iron Man.

I'll probably get a full LCS set, depending on how Tinkerer ends up.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

I don't care very much for civillians. I know a lot of people like them, but I feel like they sometimes come at the expense of 2nd tier villains, rather than at the expense of alternate costume 1st tier heroes. 
For that reason, I'm happy with the line-up. 3 villians sounds cool to me. (Although, i suspect Tink will pretty much be a civilian)

On 12/21/2016 at 6:39 AM, fwoosheyman said:

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=21051

Diamond Select Toys' 73rd wave of Marvel Minimates will be based on the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming movie. While images for the actual figures have yet to be released here is how the wave will breakdown:

A Diamond Select Toys Release! One of the most highly anticipated Spider-Man films of all time is almost upon us, and DST is offering a full assortment of Minimates based on the movie! This assortment features four different two-packs: Spider-Man vs. Shocker, Homemade Suit Spider-Man vs. Vulture, and two comic-shop exclusive sets -- Battle-Damaged Spider-Man vs. the Tinkerer, and Peter Parker with May Parker! Each Minimates mini-figure features 14 points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts, and each two-pack comes packaged in a full-color window box.

Look for these to be released in June 2017. 

Vulture? Shocker? Tinkerer?!

This just makes me wish there'll be a corresponding comic-based wave with these guys. Vulture and Shocker are expensive to come by and a properly funky Tinkerer from Amazing Spider-Man #2 would be such a groovy thing to see. 

• 3 weeks later...

STL036735?type=1

In looking at the silhouettes, it looks like we might be getting web shooter hands! You can see the hooded figure has both hands with extra wrist bits, and one of the characters has only one; I am thinking these are the homemade Spidey and the battle damaged Spidey, respectively. If you consider these are the pairs, Tinkerer is in a suit? And Vulture is just bulky, with no visible wings or tech. Hopefully there will be more for him than a padded suit. Shocker looks like he only has one gauntlet. Just my thoughts after seeing the silhouettes on Lukes's site.

Edited by Onyx_6