UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

I didn't really know whether this thread would belong in the Marvel or video games section, but I think Marvel would be more appropriate.

With the announcement of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, could some Minimates be around the corner? We got ones for MvC3 after all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am moving this to Minimates of Licenses Future. My boys and I played the hell out of MvC 3, so we are pretty excited for this one, although the supposed lack of F4 and X-Men characters is a bummer. If it is going to feature more Marvel Studios characters, I am hoping for Groot and Iron Monger (someone has to replace the big ass Sentinel!).

19 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

I am moving this to Minimates of Licenses Future. My boys and I played the hell out of MvC 3, so we are pretty excited for this one, although the supposed lack of F4 and X-Men characters is a bummer. If it is going to feature more Marvel Studios characters, I am hoping for Groot and Iron Monger (someone has to replace the big ass Sentinel!).

They ported UMVC3 to PS4 which was the real high light 

I still need to play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on my xbox360.  I bought it used for $25 thinking the girlfriend would want to play it.  Then she complains about how I'm supposed to let her win lol.  Not enough hours in the day!

1 hour ago, TheAnvil said:

For people who are worried about the lack of Fox characters, the guy who initially leaked the existence of MvCI has said that they won't be on the base game but they're a 'done deal' for DLC.

Wolverine has got to be in the basic game though right?  He's been a staple in the series as far as I can remember.

2 hours ago, Grayson said:

I still need to play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on my xbox360.  I bought it used for $25 thinking the girlfriend would want to play it.  Then she complains about how I'm supposed to let her win lol.  Not enough hours in the day!

Wolverine has got to be in the basic game though right?  He's been a staple in the series as far as I can remember.

He's the only character to have been in the entire series so far. It sounds like he won't make the base game, but I think he'll be the first DLC character.

1 minute ago, TheAnvil said:

He's the only character to have been in the entire series so far. It sounds like he won't make the base game, but I think he'll be the first DLC character.

I bet that will piss off some fans.

8 hours ago, MisterPL said:

They can just replace Logan with other MCU characters like Agent May or Claire Temple. No big deal and it adds diversity. Fans will love it. 

8 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not....

Exactly what I was thinking XD 

I'll probably just play this at a friend's place till the ultimate edition comes out. I hate buying dlc piece by piece and it's usually more expensive that way as well. I also second polarboy's nervousness. I don't really need any more MCU mates that aren't army builders. Put a hydra solider in there though and I'm down. A new iron monger would be cool though and help people have access to him. Last time I checked the secondary market hasn't been kind to people who want him. (Then again it's not kind to practically any mates. Like come on menagerie $10 for an army builder?)

33 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Exactly what I was thinking XD 

I'll probably just play this at a friend's place till the ultimate edition comes out. I hate buying dlc piece by piece and it's usually more expensive that way as well. I also second polarboy's nervousness. I don't really need any more MCU mates that aren't army builders. Put a hydra solider in there though and I'm down. A new iron monger would be cool though and help people have access to him. Last time I checked the secondary market hasn't been kind to people who want him. (Then again it's not kind to practically any mates. Like come on menagerie $10 for an army builder?)

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be MCU designs, just MCU characters. Some of them will probably look like their MCU counterparts, but they'll likely look the same in the comics, as well.

I'm very lucky to have found Iron Monger for fiveish dollars loose along with some other IM movie 'mates. I got the BD version too, but the paint isn't perfect.

DST usually likes to make formal announcements for new licenses through proper channels, like SDCC, Toy Fair, Marvel.com, etc.

Zach sometimes drops hints on things here, but expecting us to get insider info on a hypothetical new license months before the potential tie-in product is released is a bit unrealistic.

Edited by youbastards

5 hours ago, youbastards said:

DST usually likes to make formal announcements for new licenses through proper channels, like SDCC, Toy Fair, Marvel.com, etc.

Zach sometimes drops hints on things here, but expecting us to get insider info on a hypothetical new license months before the potential tie-in product is released is a bit unrealistic.

I know, but he's been teasing us with a new video game license for a while now.