UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

My biggest issue with modern Marvel is how they constantly fuck over popular characters that basically made Marvel the powerhouse they are. Victor Von Doom is not only one of the best Marvel characters, but one of the best written villain characters in fictional publication history. The fact that Marve, thinks it's okay to make him IRON MAN (?!?!!?!) is quite the "fuck you" to the character. I appreciate a moment in a story where Doom's villainous morality is questioned because it can be used a goo vehicle for character development, but when a character is downright changed just for the halibit it seems more like a misguided story choice than clever character writing. Doctor Strange is also a prime offender. Just call the title "Magic Tony Stark" and nothing would change. 

Call me bias, but most things with Waid's name on it I'll appreciate and not hate. I'll say that Champions is near shit-quality comics, but his current Avengers is pretty enjoyable. Both the prime numbering and his .1 stuff about Cap's Kooky Quartet. Although the art in the regular title is very distracting at times. 

Anywho... MvC won't be a big loss if we don't get any, but I'll always appreciate new designs that could potentially replace my current display pieces. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, pk13 said:

Kostis, you rant better in English than 99% of people that claim English as their native language. 

4ac29eca54050cd109c0bb44962b7cdd.gif

10 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

My biggest issue with modern Marvel is how they constantly fuck over popular characters that basically made Marvel the powerhouse they are. Victor Von Doom is not only one of the best Marvel characters, but one of the best written villain characters in fictional publication history. The fact that Marve, thinks it's okay to make him IRON MAN (?!?!!?!) is quite the "fuck you" to the character. I appreciate a moment in a story where Doom's villainous morality is questioned because it can be used a goo vehicle for character development, but when a character is downright changed just for the halibit it seems more like a misguided story choice than clever character writing. Doctor Strange is also a prime offender. Just call the title "Magic Tony Stark" and nothing would change. 

Call me bias, but most things with Waid's name on it I'll appreciate and not hate. I'll say that Champions is near shit-quality comics, but his current Avengers is pretty enjoyable. Both the prime numbering and his .1 stuff about Cap's Kooky Quartet. Although the art in the regular title is very distracting at times. 

Hero-Doom was never the problem, as Vic never was a "villain". If Wolverine can join the Avengers, Doom can try to turn over a new leaf. And hell, that was Hickman's intention anyway. That's why he added that final scene in Secret Wars. The problem is, as always, Bendis. Doom and Tony always had a certain relationship in the books, so it's not that "out there" to have him pick up the pieces if he's trying to do "good". But it was rushed, and just because it's not the worst idea, doesn't make it a good one. Even then, the book's one of Marvel's top, so that should tell you everything. 

As for the rest, Marvel's problem is just pandering to the normies. From the MCU synergy to the Tumblr Agenda, Marvel just said a giant "f'you" to the fans, just 'cause they're making billions out of their flicks. But the wheel is always turning...

As for MvC, if they get the license, I'll get certain figs that haven't been updated in a while, and that's it. I don't have any use for "Standard Spider-Man #34"...

Edited by Kostisfire

16 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

As for MvC, if they get the license, I'll get certain figs that haven't been updated in a while, and that's it. I don't have any use for "Standard Spider-Man #34"...

13 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Personally, I thought Wolverine joining the Avengers in anything but a temporary capacity was pretty awful.

Yeah - that decision reeked of 'cross-pollination for the sake of cash/sales'. 

As a relative newbie, the Greatest Hits assortments were fantastic, especially for amassing a passable classic Avengers team (which is a pretty important era to me, second only to 70's-80's X-Men). MvC Infinite minimates would have a similar effect for some of Marvel's slightly lower profile characters, like Black Panther, Ghost Rider, and Doctor Strange.

Also, if DST had access to the alleged DLC characters, it would give them a chance for a new classic Magneto, who is both my biggest personal want and (IMO) one of the most notable exclusions from Best Of/Greatest Hits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...