UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I've heard that the game will only be featuring MCU characters. If that's the case, I'm guessing we'll be seeing costumes closely aligned to the characters on-screen looks. Unless the game features B/C-list characters from the MCU like the Collector or the Warriors 3, then I don't think we'll be seeing very new looks for any of our heroes. 

Having said that: 

Spoiler

The Ultron/Arnim Zola looking shadow at the end of the preview could make for a fun figure. 

1 minute ago, Nessex said:

Unfortunately, I've heard that the game will only be featuring MCU characters. If that's the case, I'm guessing we'll be seeing costumes closely aligned to the characters on-screen looks. Unless the game features B/C-list characters from the MCU like the Collector or the Warriors 3, then I don't think we'll be seeing very new looks for any of our heroes. 

Having said that: 

Hide contents

The Ultron/Arnim Zola looking shadow at the end of the preview could make for a fun figure. 

I've only heard that the roster will be MCU focused, have they confirmed that there won't be any others?

Even if it is only MCU characters, there are still a fair few prominent figures that I personally could use comic-ish 'mates of: Black Widow, War Machine, Winter Soldier, the GotG, the Vision, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Wasp...

I think I read that F4 and X-Men were out. 
But it would be nice to get a Wasp update - even if it's a MCU inspired one! Comic GoTG would be awesome as well. I just assumed they'd use the looks from the films, but that's only my assumption. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong. 

On 3/19/2017 at 9:34 PM, Nessex said:

I think I read that F4 and X-Men were out. 
But it would be nice to get a Wasp update - even if it's a MCU inspired one! Comic GoTG would be awesome as well. I just assumed they'd use the looks from the films, but that's only my assumption. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong. 

Comic Helmet Star Lord would make me buy a set. I don't need another Pratt mate (I love the film don't get me wrong I just don't need it) 

• 2 weeks later...

Supposedly this is the line-up for the game. Definitely great potential for minimates on the Capcom side. Marvel side doesn't do anything for me minimate-wise except for Gwenpool and Ms Marvel.

MARVEL: Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant Character), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doctor Doom.

CAPCOM: Ryu, Rashid, Chun-Li, Zangief, Gill, Morrigan, Talbain, Tessa, Mega Man X, Sigma, Roll, Strider, Jin, Captain Commando, Edward Falcon, Asura, Gene, Dante, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Nina (BoF2), Spencer, Simon Blackquill, Phoenix Wright, Rathalos (Giant Character), Masamune Date, Batsu, June, and Frank West.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:40 AM, Gmonkey2k said:

But Captain Marvel isn't even in  the MCU yet, and she was one of the first to be confirmed for the game.

We know she's in the works, though. 

13 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

Supposedly this is the line-up for the game. Definitely great potential for minimates on the Capcom side. Marvel side doesn't do anything for me minimate-wise except for Gwenpool and Ms Marvel.

MARVEL: Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant Character), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doctor Doom.

That's a deeper list of Marvel characters than i was expecting. Where did you find this info?

I had a look at all the characters that have appeared in the series thus far and as far as I can tell the only non minimated marvel character is Marrow so if we get any it would be nice if she was thrown in there, however unlikely. (has she been in a book at all in recent times?)

6 hours ago, Polarboy said:

I had a look at all the characters that have appeared in the series thus far and as far as I can tell the only non minimated marvel character is Marrow so if we get any it would be nice if she was thrown in there, however unlikely. (has she been in a book at all in recent times?)

Wasn't she in Storm's X-Force? Or was that Spiral?

If Marrow isn't in this game, DST won't be able to add her in from a previous iteration.

That list's been floating around for a while now, with Wolvie/Mags/Storm/DOOM being rumored as DLC characters. Even if DST gets the license, we don't know if it'll cover DLCs. Either way, the list doesn't excite me that much. Too many street-level characters without unique enough abilities, and from a toy POV, just the same old figures. I'd take a Ghost Rider or Doctor Strange, but eh. I'm getting MCU fatigue at this point, and sometimes I pray that both it, and the DCEU crash and burn so that we can go back to comics being story-driven and not used as cheap marketing tools...

2 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Amen.

It's sad when the best thing in Marvel's upcoming books is Secret Empire, which is just Spencer feeding off  Hickman's scraps. Ever since Remender, Hickman, etc left, Marvel turned to shit. Lemire's leaving as well, leaving only Ewing and Soule. At least DC has GOATs Priest, writting Deathstroke (praise Jesus that after 2 awful vols were were graced by Priest's brilliant run), and Ellis, writting Wild Storm.

Personally I'm enjoying Doctor Str-no wait, that's a POS that gives continuity and decades of characterization the middle finger for "lol, Stephen is soooooo random" plots. Let's see, uh, Deadpool is kinda goo-no, it's just Marvel turning simple issues into oversized POS so that collectors will drop 10 bucks on an already bi-weekly title. Apart from that, well, uh... Infamous Iron Man is... average, but compared to the rest of the Marvel stuff it's a damn work of art. Moon Knight has gorgeous visuals but a boring and overdrawn story, though at least it's not Bendis' MK.

I won't even comment on the new hip n'cool titles like Gwenpool, NuThor, "YAAAAAAAAAS QUEEEEEEEEEEN" or the rest of that bunch (hint, as time passes, they become even worse POS). Amazing Spider-Man is more Slott fanfic, Silver Surfer is Doctor Who fanfic by Slott, Bunn's Uncanny X-Men was a waste of money and the list goes on. Past one or two mediocre titles, Based HYDRA!Cap and the Star Wars stuff, Marvel is in deep shit. I mean, they greenlit "America". The people responsible for that book deserve the Vlad The Impaler treatment... And Coates' Black Panther is one of the biggest missed opportunities of the decade...

I've been dropping Marvel books and picking up more DC/Image/Valiant ones, and boy oh boy, am I glad. DC's are cheaper, Image and Valiant use better paper and tell better stories... Priest's Deathstroke is on a whole 'nother level, and nothing Marvel is offering can touch that. After Hickman left, the company took a nose dive. Frankly, the only reason I keep reading those few Marvel books is character attachment. And that's slowly fading away the more Marvel is determined to destroy the classics, fill their books with "hip lingo" and overcharge for overheated scraps. Spencer's HYDRA story is just scraps from Hickman's SHIELD, and that's one of the good books. Marvel comics has gone down the toilet. I find myself rooting for the homicidal villains at this point. I just want Maker to blow everything up, HYDRA!Cap to enslave the Marvel world, and Doom to get tired of the hero business and go all "Emperor Doom" again. That's how shitty the line is ATM.

PS: As for Mark "I'LL FLIP SOME MOTHERFLIPPING TABLES" Waid... thanks, but no thanks. He's written some good stuff, but he's one of the most obnoxious "celebrity" writers. And anyone responsible for the abomination that is Champions, deserves to share a cell with the Joker...

I wouldn't say the comics were even that good when Hickman and Remender were there, but then Kostis and I have vastly different opinions of those writers. The only thing keeping me going on Marvel right now is the MCU and the Epic Collections. Also, I think it's foolish to believe that the failure of the MCU would do anything to improve the comics. Heck, at this point it would be a vast improvement to make the comics more like the movies, at least the MCU is recognizable as the Marvel Universe.

On topic, weren't the Capcom characters kind of the drag on the last MvC sets? Maybe I'm just thinking that because Street Fighter has failed so many times. Anyway, that seems to be part of the problem: there aren't enough fans of the game itself to keep a line going, Marvel fans don't like paying double to get a figure they want, and Capcom fans don't seem to have enough numbers either.

Hickman's Secret Warriors, SHIELD & New Avengers were some of the best comics of the decade. Remender's UXF & UA were also great Sci-Fi Space Operas with interesting plots that didn't rely on hooks and baits and whatnot. Think what you will about them, but they were light years beyond America "Holy Menstruation" Chavez...

As for the MCU, that is what destroyed the comic-verse. 616 Stark turned from a multilayered character to a walking meme. Doctor Strange got deaged and got the personality of MCU Stark, once again. Hank Pym became Ultron to make room for Lang. Marvel's need to have back-up plans for when the Big Guns drop out of the MCU, and the Tumblr pandering led to the massive surge of replacement characters. Bendis took over Iron Man and used to launch "Bendis' Daughter as Iron Man" and "Iron Doom, I did it for the lulz". The MCU turned the Guardians from one of the best cosmic books into a Meme-Book. It's literally a Meme-Book, filled with Meme-Characters. Hawkeye, after Fraction got done with him, got turned into a walking Meme 'cause Marvel's lackster writers can't keep up with Matt, and 'cause Kate's "da best" and Clint "succccckzzzz". 

The MCU turned Marvel into a juggernaut, made comics "kewl" for the normies, and in an attempt to revitalize the brand and pander to the loudmouth Tumblrinas, led to the shithole that is the current Prime Universe. Alonso, Bendis, the MCU and everyone in charge of Marvel can take a trip to the sun and never return.

...Okay, vent over. But the current Marvel Universe and the MU can fuck off. Damn normies ruining everything. They take niche stuff, suck all the joy out of it and then claim it as theirs. Damn normies...