UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Holiday Minimates

MisterPL

This was brought up briefly a couple years back but I was wondering if there'd be any more interest in Holiday Minimates.

At first I'm picturing 4-packs of non-licensed 'mates designed by Art Asylum that would be released to coincide with specific holidays. For example, a winter set could be traditional (Santa and Mrs. Claus with elves) or edgy (Kris Kringle & Jack Frost vs. Krampus & Yeti). I'd love to see AA's take on leprechauns and cupids, especially if they're anything like the goblins in Pathfinder. A Halloween set could be different every year, featuring AA's take on venerable monsters, from werewolves and mummies to ghosts and vampires.

And since it's non-licensed, they might be able to offer 4-packs at a $20 MSRP.

Thoughts?

I would love to see more Holiday Inspired MiniMates.

I made my own Santa, Pilgrim and I have been working on a Leprechaun, but having trouble matching greens.

I would love to see an official Santa, Mrs. Claus, Leprechaun, Cupid and so forth.  Maybe even a reindeer that is not a skeleton could be in the Christmas Set.

May even be something they could do that the leftovers could be stored to reissue the next season it is eligible for so thus not much to hang around on pegs at stores.

I would likely buy a couple of each holiday themed sets.

I think we try to target holiday through licenses like NBX and Elf, which gives us seasonal sales without the risk of a non-media property. I wasn't around for the Father's Day sets, but I think response to the Santa ship was so poor that we didn't even solicit it.

1 hour ago, bilbofett said:

I'm working on a custom Alien Santa. Combining the red alien with the black and adding hat and beard from NBX Jack.

This is relevant to my interests!

NIce Santalien!

Firstly........I love hearing Elf mentioned again by you, Zach.....  Hopefully we'll get a proper Santa with this, and Buddy has the perfect elf costume, so that's perfect for me. I'd love the snowman and some of the forest critters too!

Has there been any interest or attempts at going after films like Christmas Vacation, or Christmas Story? I'd be all over those!

15 hours ago, MisterPL said:

This was brought up briefly a couple years back but I was wondering if there'd be any more interest in Holiday Minimates.

At first I'm picturing 4-packs of non-licensed 'mates designed by Art Asylum that would be released to coincide with specific holidays. For example, a winter set could be traditional (Santa and Mrs. Claus with elves) or edgy (Kris Kringle & Jack Frost vs. Krampus & Yeti). I'd love to see AA's take on leprechauns and cupids, especially if they're anything like the goblins in Pathfinder. A Halloween set could be different every year, featuring AA's take on venerable monsters, from werewolves and mummies to ghosts and vampires.

I love all these ideas, even did my own Krampus a few years ago.....krampus.jpgimage.jpgch9.jpgI threw in my Santa and Buddy for good measure :-)

I may be alone in this, but I had always wanted a line like PLaymobil and lego have (especially with the blind bagged series both have), with random noname figures. Basically maximum Zombies , but before they turned into zombies. Those character choices were so much fun, and was planning on de-zombifying them when i got them ..... you all know what happened with those.

I am aware that DST makes their money with licensed properties, and tried with stuff like MAX and Pirates. Max was awesome in my opinion, and while I loved pirates, they may not have been generic enough. As much as I appreciated the attempt at the Santa Pirate ship, I did not like it at all. All I saw was "player 2 Santa Color Scheme" on a pirate. I had always wondered and hoped that the poor response to that set, wasn't the reason no other Christmas stuff( or holiday stuff) was offered or talked about.

Back on topic... Captain Paco, I'd love to see your leprechaun, curious to see which type of style you are going for.

I'd also love different holiday sets, even goofy stuff like an ugly christmas sweater 2-pack set ..... (good idea for a contest, lol) or for Halloween, have monsters, but also have people dressed up as monsters, clowns, cowboys, etc..... with alt heads/removable masks with big eyeholes cut out........Two of my favorite lego figures are the little devil boy, and the skeleton guy, which are both Halloween costumes, and they come with little baskets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2016 at 9:02 AM, Nervous Rex said:

Back on topic... Captain Paco, I'd love to see your leprechaun, curious to see which type of style you are going for.

I'd also love different holiday sets, even goofy stuff like an ugly christmas sweater 2-pack set ..... (good idea for a contest, lol) or for Halloween, have monsters, but also have people dressed up as monsters, clowns, cowboys, etc..... with alt heads/removable masks with big eyeholes cut out........Two of my favorite lego figures are the little devil boy, and the skeleton guy, which are both Halloween costumes, and they come with little baskets.

Leprechaun%20WIP_zpsgje5pcsf.jpg

Here is my WIP Leprechaun.

I had already made my own witch.

SDC10862.jpg

and I have also made my own devil of sorts

SDC10859.jpg

I like the idea Rex had about the Ugly Christmas Sweater.  That could be cool because you could do a male and a female each year and make them collectible like Hallmark ornaments and I would so buy them every year to use as ornaments for a Christmas tree in my office. Heck I may steal that idea and start making some now.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

That head is a great choice for a leprechaun!

Thank you, it is the head from the Arthur Minimate.  I was not sure what to do with all the heads as I got a bunch of Arthurs to use the suit of armor for other customs and I figured one would be great for a Leprechaun.

13 minutes ago, Captain Paco said:

Thank you, it is the head from the Arthur Minimate.  I was not sure what to do with all the heads as I got a bunch of Arthurs to use the suit of armor for other customs and I figured one would be great for a Leprechaun.

Yeah, I have one, but the style was so different from other minimates I ended up using it as a base for one of Luke's wave 60 stickers. First appearance Banshee, speaking of leprechauns.

Love the customs! really like how the leprechaun is shaping up! Every year i want to make Christmas mates, but run out of time..... I want to do some small dioramas for Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and The Grinch. I also plan on making my family for a christmas card one of these years, and other generic little dioramas to display...... one of these years perhaps...

Ugly%20Xmas%20Sweater%20Mates%202016_zps

Here is my attempt at ugly Christmas sweaters,  Rough but I may only keep the Star Trek one as is.

201620Xmas20Custom20Mates_zpstezntmgx.jp

Here are a couple of blanks I made to hang on my little tree I use in my display at work.

Edited by Captain Paco
add photo