UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Logan Movie and other FoX-Men talk

So I'm not a huge fan of the original Old Man Logan story with Dino-Venom, Old Hawkeye, and such, however after they brought him into the 616 boy howdy is that writing fantastic! That being said much like that scenario I don't usually like the FoX-Men movies but this movie looks GREAT! I'm excited to see the Reavers and am I mistaken for thinking that one shot was of Lady DeathStrike trying to stab him?
What do you guys think is the future of the Property owned by Fox? I think I remember Kevin Feige almost explicitly denying any kind of merger possibility :/ it's what I'd like to see, but this movie seems like it'll probably rake in enough cash for Fox to warrant rebooting their franchise.

Fox has had a couple opportunities to restart the franchise but has chosen half-measures instead. It seems no one at the studio knows what to do with it or they aren't being trusted enough to do it. 

"Deadpool" proved a movie doesn't need a $175 million budget and corporate micromanagement to be successful. Quite the opposite but I doubt Fox has learned that lesson. 

"Logan" looks great from where I sit. "Gambit" won't go forward as is. "Legion" is intriguing but I'm not sure if that will have anything to do with the films. 

The franchise needs a champion, someone as passionate about making X-Men films as Ryan Reynolds is about shepherding the Merc Without a Mouth. Bryan Singer is not that guy. 

Fox has done a pretty good job, imho, with bringing an insanely complicated franchise that encompasses sci-fi/fantasy/morality into a real world setting. While the feel may not have been 100% comic book, the first two movies were solid. 
It seems to be the third time through that they balls everything up.
In the first trilogy, X3 was an utter stinker.
When they found a way to reboot and start again with First Class, and then to wipe out X3 with DOFP, they ballsed it up again with Apocalypse. 

I didn't think either XMOW or The Wolverine were great. Wolverine started out pretty solidly, but descended into comic book nonsense about half way through. 

Having said that, the trailer for Logan looks good. Incredible even. But - i thought the same thing about The Wolverine's marketing campaign. Time will tell.

At this stage - I don't really want Marvel to control the franchise. They don't have the time or the resources to dedicate to it and have a movie come out every few years like Fox can. And Marvel *not* having the rights has meant that we get awesome stuff like GOTG, which i can't see happening if fox owned FF & x-Men.