UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TheKrisLyons' Custom Attempts!

Hey! I had a thread for this already, but apparently it was purged with the update like so many others.

Anyhow, I've had this guy on the back burner for some time now. I ended up with 2 full sets of the GSXM wave for customs, specifically what I'm about to share, in addition to the powered down Colossus that I shared a couple months back.

I present Kurt Darkholme, The Nightcrawler of the Age of Apocalypse!

VuLJUnb.jpg

and my Piotr Rasputin, with comic accurate blue pants!

bVZg4OJ.jpg

Thanks for looking, feedback encouraged!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/19/2017 at 8:14 AM, Samwise Gamgee said:

I love it- simple and extremely effective! This one is definitely going on my long to-do list.

It's definitely a custom/ modification that requires minimal effort. Surprised it's not being done more.

I've been getting my New X-Men squad finished up. Something I've been slowly putting parts together for in the last few weeks. Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine have a few simple mods (still looking for more suitable hair for wolvie, something that more closely matches quitely's design), while Xavier, beast and Emma consist of a few relatively simple part swaps and some simple painting. Pretty happy with how these are turning out, especially considering the age of the parts being used in the majority of them.  The puffy "x" jacket actually still holds up pretty well, despite coming from a period when minimates were super simple in design.

mM2Q5sQ.jpg

Awesome job Kris! The New X-Men era was such a great time to be a fan. I agree that the X-jackets hold up particularly well but the other parts can be difficult. One suggestion, have you considered the All-New X-Men Cyclops hairpiece (and head)? The hair is relatively subdued and the visor is very thin. I think it's a perfect match. I posted a pic a while back, I'll see if I can find it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was inspired to make the following custom last week. I didn't do it alone, however. I employed the talent of a young man on FB by the name of Lakota Jacobs to paint the custom heads for me, while I handled the rest. That kid knocked them out of the park! 

YECZyI6.jpg

sNCOPRS.jpg

sscucVO.jpg