UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Display Stands Update

DSTZach

Hey all, we updated the bag of Minimates display stands, with new colors and types.

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/back-to-the-future-minimates-minimates-assorted-display-stands-bag-of-10

0004503_minimates-assorted-display-stand

Assortment includes: 1 translucent blue mystical energy swirl, 1 translucent orange launch blast, 1 translucent yellow flame swirl, 1 two-foot flight base, 1 one-foot flight base, 1 floating grey asteroid with levitation stand, 1 waist support with clear disc base and 3 additional one-inch round clear disc bases. Packaged in a plastic bag with hang tag.

• 4 weeks later...

Are these available now? I have a use for almost everything in this assortment. Asteroid base for my Petra custom, Blue energy for Surge, and finally a yellow fire flame swirl that should be much closer to the yellow used on Magma from the new mutants. The orange and red swirls just never looked right.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Chigarillo said:

Ordered them and they arrived... Was the old assortment, instead of what was pictured above and on the website. :wallbash:

Luke, did you ever get any of these?

Chigarillo - There must have been some old stock still mixed in. Contact customer service and they should be able to help you out. customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

ordered two and they both came in today

wanted the floating rock for my beyonder and i can find good homes for the blue and red swirly bases

• 4 months later...

this is so groovy! the most portable display case, and a serviceable enough travel case even!

i use everything from minimalist snack-sized tupperware boxes to expensive washed-out chocolate cases (ferrero, for sure-oh) to give minimates on display an extra bit of prominence/protection on some shelves. it's nice to see something fairly purpose built for the job is around

just the thing for cubicles, computer monitors and desk tops! on a related note... does anyone remember The Cubes?

Kubrick cases, that most of my displayable kubricks are housed in, are unbeatable .

Why on earth are the bases on these ones black ?:thud:

Kubrick cases were 'similar' yet so dissimilar .....they had clear bases that incorporated a stud for holding the figure & were stackable upwards ,downwards & sideways   .

Kubrick cases are (were?) beautifully designed . They were also expensive but they also became 'de rigueur' for those nutty collectors who had opened their blind-box packaged kubricks ......you could open your package & then entomb your figure in its new ,clear ,visually enjoyable Medicom approved case .  Then you could stack it up with the rest of the collection . They were nigh on perfect... except when you wanted to get at the ones in the middle of the stack !

minimateship - I remember the cubes , somewhere in a box they do lie .

BHM! i was just typing a reply to you (in the kubrick thread of all places!) and here you are :) splendid. I had a feeling you'd remember The Cubes, though I had no idea kubrick cases were a thing but as ever you're expanding my horizons to no end. you make a good point on the black base trim on these; though perhaps, circumference permitting, mounting a 'mate on one of their clear circular stands might go some way to alleviating how...footless and fancy free these might be, now that you mention it.

Indeed, they might not take a standard minimate stand. I was hoping to be able to bodge one in, even if just for the foothold keeping everything from rattling...imagine my joy hearing of an inbuilt foot stud, let alone stackability!

It sounds like medicom not only cracked the blind box format but also MiP (or near enough) and space efficient storage of the result! my character building doctor who microfigures stackable blind boxes aren't quite the groundbreaking innovation i once thought they were 😛 sideways stacking what will they thunk of next...

I think stackability was discussed at one time, but it did not make its way to this iteration. 

And no peg inside, but the dimensions make it such that most regular-sized Minimates do not move around very much, so they always appear to be standing up, at least the ones I tried it with. 

Not for everyone, obviously, but I thought they could be useful in many situations.