UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV Turns 10 - November Giveaway

pk13

Welcome to the November edition of the MMMV Turns 10 Giveaway! This month will be a bit different as we aren't announcing exactly what the prize is until the deadline has passed. I can say that there will be a 1st and 2nd prize, but can't say anything beyond that. Entering this month is simple. All you have to do is post about something non-toy related that you're thankful for. Something that is going on in your real life that makes you happy. Oh, and one more thing, you also have to include a picture of your very own HAND TURKEY in your post. For those of you not familiar with the grandest of the kindergarten arts and crafts projects:

handturkey2_zpswzcrv42y.jpg

That's right, bust out some crayons, markers, or just use a plain piece of paper and a pencil. It's up to you. But you do have to have a hand turkey included with your post about what you're thankful for. The hand turkey in charge of all of this was very, very clear about this.

This giveaway will run from now until Tuesday, November 22nd at midnight EST. The winners will be announced soon after, as will the prizes. Best of luck to all!

(Normal board rules apply to posts of thankfulness... no religious/political/war posts, please. I don't expect it to be a problem from this group, but just in case.)

21 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

These turkeys are rather intimidating, and I'm not much of a graphic designer.

Does it have to include my  hand?

No worries on how good it looks. The 1st and 2nd giveaways will be randomized and won't be based on the quality of the hand turkey. The only hand turkey related requirements are that a hand turkey is included in your post. All you really have to do is trace your hand, or someone else's if you prefer, and make it look like a turkey. 

And yeah, the hand turkeys have been pretty amazing so far. 

Edited by pk13

OK, so I'm on a chrome book & can't figure out how to upload a pic from it (I don't have that "add whatever" & arrow that Shane pointed out in another post) -- so I'm at a loss as how to include my hand turkey...

But anyway, I'm thankful for all of you (& the MMMV) & those for whom I care the most (I can't say "family," per se, as much of my family does not fall into this group).  I guess I would call them my "impromptu family," since they are more friend/loyal than blood.  Love all y'all! :yes:

I am thankful for my family and friends.  I am thankful for times I get to spend with my father and hope that I get more time with him as what time he has left is limited.  I am thankful for the reunion of my brother-in-law with my father-in-law; the years apart were hard on my father-in-law and now that my brother-in-law has moved back, their relationship is getting stronger.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good feast.

2016%20my%20hand%20Turkey_zpsdpt6umrg.jp

My hand turkey is an attempt to make it look like it has the coloring of a real wild turkey with what coloring I had available.

I moved my hand to add extra tail feathers.

I must say that I am extremely thankful for my wife being in my life.

I truly do not know where I would be without her.

I'm also thankful for all of my family, my friends and even the acquaintances I have met here along the way.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! 

20161122_002958.jpg

Yup........ it scares me too.

Hmm, well, apart from my close family, I'm also extremely grateful for the American/British Colllege Textbooks, because trust me, when you have a ~4000pg syllabus in 6 different subjects with a deadline of 3 months, you need all the help you can get. And especially when the professors are awful, those textbooks are your holy books... 

Dunno what a "turkey" is, but I think it's like, a breed of Gobble-Gobble? In that case, here's my Gobble-Gobble. I call it, the Gobble-Gobble of...DOOOOOOOOOM!

1NbfgT1.jpg

As for why my Doctor "Gobble-Gobble" Doom isn't wearing green, well... he's wearing his fancy Future Foundation suit. Yeah, that's it!

PS: Of course I know what a turkey is. I'm making a reference to an old Asterix & Obelix comic.

Edited by Kostisfire

Thankful for my patient wife that puts up with my hobbies and to have a happy 2 year old that doesn't get too jealous when I'm playing with my mates in my den.

h04h301.jpg

It's been up since the the first week of November. 

Eat lots! Get that sweet savory mix going with that protein, cranberry, gravy in every bite.  My wife made an awesome turkey ilast month (Canada's T-day is the first Monday of October).  We used 3/4 stick of butter and the veggies were drenched in it.  It was amazing!

So we got seven hand turkeys entered in this month's giveaway. The prizes are gift certificates to Luke's, (just in time for Black Friday!). Congrats to the two random winners, Mattallica and Captain Paco! You will both get a $20 gc to Luke's. And for everyone else that participated, you will get a $10 gc to Luke's . Check your inboxes as I will mail these out shortly.

Thanks again to everyone that participated!

Thank you so much, I can't believe I won one of the $20 gift certificates.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who were a part of this contest and to all at MiniMates Multiverse.