UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Mysterious Stranger

Secret Santa 2016 - A New Hope

Recommended Posts

I just got an update on the Super Secret Bonus Secret Santa gift and it is amazing. The recipient has been chosen thanks to a random number draw by the board's own Shanester. This should be going out by the weekend and the recipient should hopefully have it before Christmas.

So how is this going for everyone? I've gotten a few shipping confirmations so I know gifts are on their way. And we have one confirmed to have arrived. If you are having any problems or questions or anything please feel free to contact me via PM. I want this to be fun for everyone so if you're stressing about something let me see if I can help. Cool?

Alright, carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have received what appears to be part 1 of my Secret Santa gift.

Part 1

Never before have I received a Christmas tree as a present, and it is quite awesome!

Will have to update to see what Part 2 will be....... I'm excited!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine arrived a while ago but I've only just recently been able to open it. Inside was the entire Alien Series 3, a Luke's Toy Store accessories bin and one of the concrete pillars which I can't wait to put together. Great gift and thanks to (who I can only assume is) Luke for being a fantastic Santa!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Mine arrived a while ago but I've only just recently been able to open it. Inside was the entire Alien Series 3, a Luke's Toy Store accessories bin and one of the concrete pillars which I can't wait to put together. Great gift and thanks to (who I can only assume is) Luke for being a fantastic Santa!

Wasn't me. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

Wasn't me. :)

 

Curiouser and curiouser...... Well I have no clue who it was in that case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my Secret Santa gift last Friday and it was perfect. Here's what I scored:

MMMV%20SS%2016_zpszel1rrzo.jpg

I needed all of these figures, especially the Cthulhu and Glow Cthulhu chase. I went around all weekend putting the The Great Old One into song. "It's beginning to look a lot like Lovecraft" and "Oh, what a feeling! Cthulhu on the ceiling!", were just a couple fo the lines that I was singing, and receiving strangle looks for.

From the address, I'm going to guess Mystery Man as my Secret Santa. Right or wrong, I want to say thanks because the gift was awesome and a much needed addition to my collection!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pk13 said:

I received my Secret Santa gift last Friday and it was perfect. Here's what I scored:

MMMV%20SS%2016_zpszel1rrzo.jpg

I needed all of these figures, especially the Cthulhu and Glow Cthulhu chase. I went around all weekend putting the The Great Old One into song. "It's beginning to look a lot like Lovecraft" and "Oh, what a feeling! Cthulhu on the ceiling!", were just a couple fo the lines that I was singing, and receiving strangle looks for.

From the address, I'm going to guess Mystery Man as my Secret Santa. Right or wrong, I want to say thanks because the gift was awesome and a much needed addition to my collection!

 

You only knew it was me because we trade so much that you see my address all the time! So nyah!?

Very glad you like!

Very happy you liked them. In the info I got about your wants, it said "nothing with ants in the box"... so that should explain the box illustration. Wasbit you that got a box crawling with ants one year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pk13 said:

I received my Secret Santa gift last Friday and it was perfect. Here's what I scored:

MMMV%20SS%2016_zpszel1rrzo.jpg

I needed all of these figures, especially the Cthulhu and Glow Cthulhu chase. I went around all weekend putting the The Great Old One into song. "It's beginning to look a lot like Lovecraft" and "Oh, what a feeling! Cthulhu on the ceiling!", were just a couple fo the lines that I was singing, and receiving strangle looks for.

From the address, I'm going to guess Mystery Man as my Secret Santa. Right or wrong, I want to say thanks because the gift was awesome and a much needed addition to my collection!

Those Cthulhu are awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

Very happy you liked them. In the info I got about your wants, it said "nothing with ants in the box"... so that should explain the box illustration. Wasbit you that got a box crawling with ants one year?

Haha, yeah, that was me. I opened a box containing an ebay auction that I won, quickly checked to make sure that it did in fact contain minimates, and was quickly overtaken by a swarm of toy-crazy ants. It's become much more funny with some passing of time. In the moment. it was an absolute horror show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pk13 said:

Haha, yeah, that was me. I opened a box containing an ebay auction that I won, quickly checked to make sure that it did in fact contain minimates, and was quickly overtaken by a swarm of toy-crazy ants. It's become much more funny with some passing of time. In the moment. it was an absolute horror show.

Okay, not to drag this off topic, but I gotta know - what did you leave for feedback? "Good communication, fast shipping, unexpected swarm of ants in the box, would buy from again"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine yesterday. I got Predator Minimates! Which is absolutely awesome! Also, Marvel wave 68, which i am pretty sure I had, but honestly, everything has gone in a giant box for the last 2 years so I can't be 100% certain. 

I think my SS was Mysterious Stranger (if so, it just means we swapped) If that's the case, THANK YOU! My second guess is Jatta Pake, but he hasn't been around in a while, like me. Which is why I'm guessing mysterious Stranger. Thanks so much!

ss2016_zpsbihxc1gq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Okay, not to drag this off topic, but I gotta know - what did you leave for feedback? "Good communication, fast shipping, unexpected swarm of ants in the box, would buy from again"

I didn't leave any feedback or send a message. I was pretty amazed/angry about the whole thing, but it seemed like a bad idea to poke the ant-mailing bear. I mean, dude had my address. What happens if I leave negative feedback or ask "wtf is the deal with ants?". The next step could've been a box of spiders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pk13 said:

I didn't leave any feedback or send a message. I was pretty amazed/angry about the whole thing, but it seemed like a bad idea to poke the ant-mailing bear. I mean, dude had my address. What happens if I leave negative feedback or ask "wtf is the deal with ants?". The next step could've been a box of spiders.

 

Waspssssss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so blessed.

My Secret Santa was very kind and generous.

I got more than I expected.

I got full set of eight Dr. Strange Mates.  I got the full set of eight 2016 Ghostbusters Mates.  And I got a WONDERFUL bonus.

2016%20Secret%20Santa%20part%202_zps8v0i2016%20Secret%20Santa%20part%201_zpsh0u3

And my bonus was a Custom Character from Star Trek the Next Generation

Custom%20Shelby%20from%20Secret%20Santa%

I was so excited to see this custom.  I have been working on Star Trek Customs and could never find the right look for LT CMDR Shelby.  This is perfect.

There was a note:2016%20Secret%20Santa%20Note_zpshhqyidhd

He even used a clever return address on the package: 2016%20Secret%20Santa%20return%20address

The way the box was packed, if I had not seen the note, I would have missed Shelby.  I am totally thrilled and glad the package got to me at my office before I left today as I am off work until January 3rd after today.  This totally made my Christmas.

 

I really do feel that my Secret Santa is none other than Luke Porter.  The handwriting on the note matches a custom sketch card he sent me a while back.

Thank you so much Luke.  Thank you for Mysterious Stranger for running the 2016 Secret Santa.  I appreciate everything.  I hope that next year will allow me more time to be a larger part of this community.

 

Merry Christmas and Bless you everyone!

Edited by Captain Paco
add photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Captain Paco said:

I really do feel that my Secret Santa is none other than Luke Porter.  The handwriting on the note matches a custom sketch card he sent me a while back.

Thank you so much Luke.  Thank you for Mysterious Stranger for running the 2016 Secret Santa.  I appreciate everything.  I hope that next year will allow me more time to be a larger part of this community.

 

Merry Christmas and Bless you everyone!

Nice detective work on the handwriting! Yes it was me, and I'm so glad you liked everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting an update, as I have received the second part of my gift....... And boy, is it a doozy!

First off, was a bit of candy - 20161221_225415.jpg

Next, some stickers, Lego Disney Minifig and A Blindbag Star Wars Micromachine - 20161221_225514.jpg

Next, Rocket and Groot Hotwheels - 20161221_2300322.jpg

Next, Secret Wars Zombies and Netflix Daredevil Box sets - 20161221_225554.jpg

Next, a plethora of loose mates - 20161221_2258462.jpg

And lastly, the Lego Carbonite-Freezing Chamber! - 20161221_230133.jpg

 

I am absolutely floored with my gifts! So much awesome stuff! The Lego set and the Hotwheels were actually big wants of mine that I either missed or just didn't get around to picking up.

As for who my Secret Santa is, I think I am familiar with the address where the gift came from, but for the life of me and can't figure out how or why I know it. I would have researched my messages, but have lost a lot of them when the site got redone. 

So as of now, I am uncertain as to who my Secret Santa is...... but I would like to give a huge Thank you for all of the gifts, you truly went out of your way!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine a few days ago but hadnt had time to open it, but i just did.

i got 5 custom stickered "holiday" mates and a wave 57 nova corps centurion to add to my troops

DSCN0099_zpsctjazc3v.jpg

I believe my Secret Santa is Captain Paco

thanks Cap'n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually don't need any officially released Minimates, so I always put a wish list of custom Minimates on my Secret Santa wants list, along with other non-Minimate things. I love having customs that other people make, and I certainly don't have time to make them for myself anymore. A few years ago, BrobotC blew me away by making every single request on my list. And this year, a different Secret Santa has done it again!

First up is Secret Wars "God" Doctor Doom (who was on my list) and Invisible Woman (who was not, which made it an even better surprise!):

YbGYzxL.jpg

Next is Weapon X as Apocalypse from the AoA run in Uncanny X-Force and "The Maker" Ultimate Reed Richards:

HsWppQp.jpg

And if those amazing customs weren't enough, I got a TPB of a series I have been wanting to read:

NkUjrdA.jpg

Some adorable ornaments for our Christmas tree (my kids loved these):

wgwhAPF.jpg

And some Greek candy:

bEYOq9j.jpg

There was even more candy, but...

Cnz1hOY.jpg

A HUGE thanks to Kostisfire for these awesome presents, especially for the hard work that went into these customs! I love them!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tenor.gif

 

 I'm really glad you liked them! I'm also relieved to see that the customs made it all in one piece, and without any paint being chipped off.

 Have a great New Year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Secret Santa 2016 Haul

Here is my haul, which arrived right before Christmas.  Super cool reversible wrapping paper & tons of 'mates -- I can't even pick my fave cuz of all the goodness!  Thanks, Mattallica! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...