UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unread new content

Hi. Not been around here much lately as I'm finding the new site a bit hard to use.

It used to be that when I went to the unread/new content section and clicked on a topic it would take me to the last read post. Now I get taken to page one of the topic and I have to then go through the pages to figure out where I was last. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Also having trouble making the site fit properly on my iPhone (some drop downs etc are too wide for me to see on screen).

Thanks! :-)

When I look at the bottom of each page, on the left side there is the "go to topic listing", and on the right side there is occasionally a link to the next unread topic. It's great because it takes me to the first unread post of that thread (as opposed to just the most recent post). However, the problem I keep running into - whether on mobile or desktop - is that there doesn't seem to be consistency with that link. Sometimes it will be there and other times I have to exit back to the main screen to get to the next unread topic. (And yes, I do know that it won't be there if I've read all the current posts. This inquiry is about why the link isn't there when there are still unread threads).

Is there some setting or technique I can use to easily find the next unread post?

On 02/11/2016 at 4:12 PM, Donny B said:

When I look at the bottom of each page, on the left side there is the "go to topic listing", and on the right side there is occasionally a link to the next unread topic. It's great because it takes me to the first unread post of that thread (as opposed to just the most recent post). However, the problem I keep running into - whether on mobile or desktop - is that there doesn't seem to be consistency with that link. Sometimes it will be there and other times I have to exit back to the main screen to get to the next unread topic. (And yes, I do know that it won't be there if I've read all the current posts. This inquiry is about why the link isn't there when there are still unread threads).

Is there some setting or technique I can use to easily find the next unread post?

Just noticed those options, and I have the same problem as you.

• 3 weeks later...

I never really understood how forums work in general lol.  It's like...I have to remember which topics I posted on and then see if there are new replies for each one.  The way reddit does it is just SOOO easy.