UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pirates of the Caribbean

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just about to post how nice it must be for DST to have all the reference they need early enough to make this film's actual release date, since this movie has been done for awhile! But I see that that won't be the case... again.

I don't know what happened with Alice that almost all of its product is coming out in a different calendar year than the film, but I'm definitely curious. Such a unique situation!

Did we know 

Spoiler

Orlando Bloom

was in this movie?

Spoiler

"Cursed Will Turner" sure sounds like a spoiler to me! I just checked IMDB and he is listed, but I didn't know that yet!

Very curious if past films are available. Without Elizabeth, this makes me sad.

I know you can't put out product a certain amount of time PRIOR to a film release but I've never heard of an agreement requiring product to hit well AFTER its release. Makes no sense.

Unless, of course, the product includes SPOILERS. Then a licensor might say, "Well, you've got [spoiler character] in your assortment. You'll have to wait two months so your little plastic men don't ruin the movie for everyone."

6 hours ago, Lurch77 said:

I'm still holding out hope that somehow, someday, a Haunted Mansion set will be made!

Eddie Murphy Hahnted Mansion? I have fond memories of eating Taco Bell and watching that movie... it's a guilty pleasure. 

Also I don't think Fast & Furious ever had to worry about "quality" being a continuous factor in their movies XD it feels like the same movie every time. Don't get me wrong when I was like 12-13 I dug them but now it's eh. Heck if there was a minimate line I'd buy the hell out of em for the cars and make the people random goons. 

As far as PotC goes I hope this goes well and gets us all the movies but idk :/ can you give us some sort of hope that it might happen if we buy a couple of these each, Zach? Lol 

i also whole-heartedly agree about OST NerdyTrev, I've seen it 2-3 times just cause I always get curious to revisit it after binging the first 3, but comparatively it just can't hang with em. Numbers be damned. Here's hoping the 5th movie destroys, though. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

Hat is attached to hair, Nervous. Sorry!

I'm not sure I would have been allowed to watch Fast and the Furious when I was 12-13 (it was 1990), but I had not seen any of them past the first one until I saw a critics screener of Fast Five for work. Then I worked my way backwards, and now I've seen them all, and I have to say that 1. they're mostly very well done action movies, 2. the quality does vary a little, and 3. the plots are for the most part fairly different, although yes, they all drive cars in them. I can remember all of the impressive set pieces, and why those chases/fights took place, for the most part.  

Products come out late because even when a movie is "done," they may not release assets to licensors (and we need assets others don't), or the approvals may take longer than expected (concept, paint, packaging), or we simply may not be allowed to promote/gather orders before a certain date, which can delay manufacturing. It varies. I do not know how accurate the POTC estimate is, but we'll see.

45 minutes ago, Roccothegreat said:

lol everyone wants this line to fail for some strange reason damn, i'm deff into it though, even at least for the jack sparrow. 

I in no way want it to fail, I really want the line to continue for long enough for us to get the main cast of the first three movies at least. I imagine it'll do about as well as Muppets, but I don't know how that line's done.

Just seen this news on my iPatch.................

Aye aye'm  expecting good sails for the first wave cos it's a bootyful licence , aye'm already hooked .

Barbossa ....peg warmer or ends up costing an aaaarm & a leg?

Patchy sails at Toys Aaaaar Us &  Whalegreens .

Pew ......blind bagged pirate (that one might take you a while)  ?

Luke , any shipping news ?  Will you ship mates of the shipmates to your ship mates ?

Avast consignment for me .

- bosunsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate

Being a tad more serious today ............start looking for Mega Bloks ships on ebay notably the Flying Dutchman & of course the Black Pearl .  I looked earlier on US ebay & I must say that most everything looks way too expensive but I'm sure you'll find some cheap if you persevere . I haven't bought one for ages but ...er...I have a few which I'd be happy to trade if they weren't so expensive to ship ( damn those puns........I wasn't even trying then !) to the US .

All the Mega Blok ships work wonderfully well with Minimates but the Flying Dutchman is a just a tad short of fantastic. Get one.

"Funny" Story:

Back in 2008 or so, I bought the "Siege of the Flying Dutchman" set for Easter, which included the Pearl, the Dutchman, some small sets and most of the major characters. I was really, really looking forward to it. Until, one day, while I was at school, it arrived! My mum received it, and when I got home there it was! Weird thing was, the box was too small. I figured, "maybe he shipped it loose". Then, I noticed the two huge holes on the top of the box... Needles to say, the ships weren't there. Instead, they sent me stacks of papers from the Red Cross, some Check-Books or something, stuff like that. So, yeah, my Easter was ruined, and I lost about 200 euros that I'd been saving for a while. Ebay never gave me my money back, and neither did I get a replacement. Worst thing is, these ships cost about 400$ each now...

I bought the Empress a few years later from a shop in Thessaloniki, but it closed before I managed to buy the Kraken set with Jack. Eventually I used that ship for scraps, because, honestly, what was the point of having the Empress and none of the major PotC characters as figurines?

Although, Lego released a Pearl a few years ago, and they'll be releasing a Dutchman, so there's that choice if you're interested. Or you could look for those big 80$ plastic Pearl & Dutchman ships that worked with the 3.75" figs that were released alongside the movies.

PS: I had a small Pearl from the DMC line, which had small, static Jack & Will figurines. It was about, what, 6" long or so. I really liked that little ship. Dunno how it ended up though. I think it broke in the end. 

Edited by Kostisfire

That was a sad Easter...

Dunno, I always thought they had a certain... charm. Looking back they were rather ugly, but I have fond memories of them, mostly due to the overly sculpted (but brittle) pieces. From what I've seen, they'v improved, as the CoD figures especially are quite well made.

Edited by Kostisfire