Pirates of the Caribbean

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Roccothegreat said:

what section of tru did you find them? my tru has all the minimates scattered throughout the store so its easy to miss them. 

The one I found them at had a big PotC display up front in the featured section. The minimates were there with lots of other Pirates merch. 

Man that movie was boring. Gotta be the worst Pirates yet and that's saying something. 

Kinda killed my interest in these again. I think I need to rewatch POTC, the only legitimately good one to get excited about these Mates again.

8 hours ago, pk13 said:

The one I found them at had a big PotC display up front in the featured section. The minimates were there with lots of other Pirates merch. 

The two ships in that display are pretty tempting. They both look like great scale for Minimates. I hope this line continues the way the Alien line has so we can have more crew members. :pirate:

I thought the movie was a lot of fun, not boring at all.  If you only like the first out of the five, maybe you should find a new series to watch!

I bought the Jakks figures they made for the last movie, sadly only lasted a couple of lines - they had a cool ship.  The toys for this movie are mostly just little crummy baby toys, I don't get it.  They have ships, but the figures look so dumb and cheap.

So it's gonna be POTC Minimates for me!

Meh, the other ones had their moments, but only the first one was truly great. I actually liked On Stranger Tides a fair amount, the second two were needlessly padded out but at least there was a "trilogy" story going on and this one was just pointless and directionless and dull. The soul is gone. Even the villains were drab and uninspired. It's just another Transformers movie. Lots of CGI and explosions but nothing worth caring about or a story worth telling. About 3/4s of the way in I thought about how all this time I could have been doing something better... Like laundry.

I do like some of the offbrand Imaginext ships they have out for this. They'd go good with the Mates, but I still have my Mezco ships so I dunno if I need them.

Here are some of the customs you can make with our kit:

u12Zg39.jpg

W7Fprze.jpg

363fPbW.jpg

eTJhWop.jpg

zjpjMDU.jpg

WssWSxx.jpg

swqQU4e.jpg

The only parts not from this series of Minimates are the hair pieces for Elizabeth, Will, and Ragetti. The other stickers in the kit that are not pictured here are Norrington (clean and bearded), Mr. Gibbs, another Salazar crew member, Elizabeth's other dresses, and an original Barbossa face.