UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pirates of the Caribbean

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't see them yesterday, but the most recent Marvel wave showed up on a Saturday.

Saw the movie last night... spoilers ahoy!

Spoiler

How come neither of the Salazars is going to mass retail? Instead, his lieutenant is? Weird decision.

Also, it would have been really nice if Salazar had a custom face that was missing a good chunk of it. Yeah, you couldn't reuse it, but it would have been awesome.

Carina really should have come with her book. Or the trident.

How come no rum for Johnny Depp?

12 hours ago, Dave said:

Luke any update on the sticker kit?

Yes - here is the line-up:

• Cursed Jack Sparrow
  • Tribal Jack Sparrow
  • Cursed Barbossa
  • Barbossa (1st movie appearance)
  • Will Turner (1st movie appearance)
  • Elizabeth Swann (1st movie appearance)
  • Norrington
  • Pintel
  • Ragetti
  • Mr. Gibbs

I will be finishing the designs tomorrow, color matching them to the actual mates on Thursday, and producing the kits on Friday. I will post some pictures of the designs here tomorrow. :)

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Do the stickers line up specifically with this wave's minimates? If so, can you say which ones would go on which bases?

Will and Elizabeth will be color matched to Henry and Carina in this wave. Elizabeth will also have a different color chest to recreate her dress from the first movie. And Jack and Barbossa will be matched to the new ones. I will match the other pirates chest stickers to the undershirt colors of the figures in this wave.

17 minutes ago, Donny B said:

Luke,

If we want to get the maximum use of your sticker kit, will we need to pick up more than 2 full sets of this wave?

You would need two full sets to make all of the characters in the kit. I am trying to make sure that all of the characters get used, except for the two Salazars. I haven't found a good use for them. Any ideas?

So if you wanted a set of the actual Minimates you would need a third set. 

How about a different ghost out of Ghost Salazar? I was thinking about mixing and matching other black and white figures to make additional ghosts.

5 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

How about a different ghost out of Ghost Salazar? I was thinking about mixing and matching other black and white figures to make additional ghosts.

Oh, like his crew members? That's a good idea!

5 hours ago, luke314pi said:

Oh, like his crew members? That's a good idea!

:yes: ??

We only get 2 otherwise.

I also wouldn't say no to a version of his ghost head that has that toothy smile snarl he had for most of the movie.

Edited by Onyx_6
Emoji didn't work.

The kit is nearly finished - I just need to design the Salazar crew members. For many of the characters I am giving you more than one chest sticker, since you might be using vests on top of their chest piece, or you might want the vest on the sticker and will be using an overcoat chest piece. There are two faces for Pintel - one has the hair included on the sticker, and the other is for if you are using a hair piece for him. And this is just a screenshot of the kit, so some of the finer details don't come through here.

9b3zJO5.jpg