UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr. Strange

sergiofml

Spoiler free.

Today the movie has hitted cinemas here in Spain. Not the best from the MCU but a very decent origin story and very well played by the cast.

Too much martial arts with fireworks for me. Would rather have more spells. And a bit less humor, but overall it's fine. 

Very enjoyable. Can't wait for the minimates!

Loved the film. Already seen it twice. But I understand the criticisms.

Here's how I would rate all 2016 comic films (1-10):

Deadpool - 7, Batman v Superman - 4, Civil War - 8, X-Men Apocalypse - 6, Suicide Squad - 6, Doctor Strange - 8.5.

FYI, my 10 is X-Men Days of Future Past and 9.5 would be Dark Knight and Iron Man 1.

Not a bad movie but not one of Marvels best. Mr Cucumber Batch was/is a great Stephen Strange.

Good Points.

The Visuals

Cucumber Batch

The Ancient One

Wong

The Cape

After Credit Scene

Not So Good Points.

Story Line is Very Light

The Kung Fu Spell Casting

No By The Crimson Bands Of,  Or The Hoary Hosts Of. (was really disappointed by this one)

Just have to say I put story line as a bad point its not the story its just and I accept why its really your basic origin story movie plot. I know the majority of ppl may not know Strange's back story or any character in a superhero movie. (save say Spidey, Supes an Bats.)

Just being a comic fan An this is prob personal to me I know the basic story so when the movie gets rolling outside the visuals and humour It was a bit hard to stay 100% invested when its just basicly plodding along.

On 11/3/2016 at 4:19 AM, MiniFiend UK said:

No By The Crimson Bands Of,  Or The Hoary Hosts Of. (was really disappointed by this one)

Why would he start that way, though? Why would he go from a complete "atheist" to a D&D player?

I'd expect things like those to be said in the sequel (though, they're a little goofy), after he's mastered everything.

But he wasn't even the "Sorcerer Supreme" when the movie ended. He's still learning.

Also, am I the only one who liked him gloveless? When he had the gloves on in the Thor scene, they didn't look very good.

The entire rest of the costume was amazing, IMO.

5 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

Why would he start that way, though? Why would he go from a complete "atheist" to a D&D player?

I'd expect things like those to be said in the sequel (though, they're a little goofy), after he's mastered everything.

Reveal hidden contents

But he wasn't even the "Sorcerer Supreme" when the movie ended. He's still learning.

Also, am I the only one who liked him gloveless? When he had the gloves on in the Thor scene, they didn't look very good.

The entire rest of the costume was amazing, IMO.

I would have went with Strange having to read from the books learn the spells which would have meant he had to say the key words. they then could have made it a bit of joke with Mordo or Wong actually telling him he doesn't have to actually say the incantation just master the movement.

Saw this last night, and I absolutely loved it.  There were a few minor nits (as there are with pretty much any movie), but I thought it really worked.  The whole cast was fantastic, but Cumberbatch and Ejiofor really stood out to me.  I also really loved the soundtrack, especially over the end credits. 

Yeah the soundtrack was good, one piece of music seemed to be a theme based on the 'Avengers' music.

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and loved the visuals although the path of the story felt a bit samey at times. I thought it was fun overall, probably going again tomorrow night.

• 2 weeks later...