UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Any new licenses for 2017?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm... they've gotten Street Fighter before so that wouldn't be a new license. 

Long running evergreen franchise with iconic characters enough that toys can be made of them and you know who they are... hasn't necessarily had a game all that recently, but is unlikely to run out of steam...

I have two guesses: Warcraft and Final Fantasy. With Final Fantasy being the more likely I think. 

EDIT: Third Guess: Metal Gear. 

Edited by Trekker 42

2 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Hm... they've gotten Street Fighter before so that wouldn't be a new license. 

Long running evergreen franchise with iconic characters enough that toys can be made of them and you know who they are... hasn't necessarily had a game all that recently, but is unlikely to run out of steam...

I have two guesses: Warcraft and Final Fantasy. With Final Fantasy being the more likely I think. 

EDIT: Third Guess: Metal Gear. 

Good guesses, I was thinking Sonic the Hedgehog or Legend of Zelda. Maybe God of War even.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Okay, thanks. That's what I thought.

Unless I'm forgetting something, Assassin's Creed is the only guess so far that would qualify.

Unless expansions don't count. Which would put Warcraft back in the running since technically it's not a new game it's an extension of an old one. 

Assassin's Creed seems probable if only because of movie admittedly. But we did get an Assassin's Creed Chronicles this year too. 

However under those parameters, Mega Man works as does Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Borderlands, Bioshock (barring HD remakes), Elder Scrolls, Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, Castlevania, Grand Theft Auto, and The Witcher. 

Also God of War doesn't technically have an announced release date yet so it's in contention. 

Please be GoW or Mega Man. 

17 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

I think Mario is the safest bet. But I'd be all over SSB though!

For me, the problem with this is I think a primary Nintendo property would get more than a "pretty big, too".

17 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Unless expansions don't count. Which would put Warcraft back in the running since technically it's not a new game it's an extension of an old one. 

17 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

Dare I say Minecraft, since Lego has that license I'm not sure on that.

While WoW and Minecraft are both very popular, I'm not sure I'd call either one an "evergreen franchise".

14 hours ago, Zylek said:

I thought Mega Bloks had the Assassins Creed license.

Is it the same category? They also make TMNT.

Mega Man sounds good too, though.