UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Any new licenses for 2017?

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'm in the UK so I'm not too qualified to know for sure but surely those Tomb Raider TRU sets were scarce?  I know I struggled big time initially to secure some ......Sony stuff is still pretty scarce IMHO .....yet you're saying the hung on pegs ??  I believe you of course MM but it  surprises me.       

Yeah, the Sony stuff lingered even when it was clearanced down to like $3.49/$3.99ish at one point.

It just kind of happens sometimes where nobody is really interested when it's available and then as soon as they're finally gone all of this interest for it suddenly appears.  There was a Target Exclusive Star War Black Series Shadow Squadron set that was clearanced down to like $15 because it wasn't selling and now you can't find one for any less than $100.

Edited by MisterMiracle

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One license that hasn't been mentioned yet has been Elder Scrolls, and using the same logic (no new games, well-known, etc) you could add Fallout. There aren't a whole lot of "protagonists" in the classical sense in those games, but there are tons of characters and costume variations. Dunno how well they'd actually sell, but it's a posibillity. Skyrim was still selling copies last time I checked.

They'd be cool, but dunno about the sales. I mean, most of the characters would be Generic [Insert "Occupation"/Trait here]. Diablo would make for some great figs as well, but I doubt that's what Zach meant when he said evergreen. Same goes for Starcraft. Warcraft is a huuuuge IP, but dunno how well figures would sell. WoW players ain't exactly the average consumer, and the majority of characters past Arthas and the like are relatively unknown. Devil May Cry could work though.

Edited by Kostisfire

If it isn't Assassin's Creed or Mortal Kombat but is an evergreen franchise... I keep coming back to Mega Man. Hasn't had a game in awhile, no games planned but could be huge with all the robot masters and side characters. Plus DST has an in with Capcom with the MvC mates.

Edited by Chigarillo

Batman Arkham series would be nice, they have some cool designs. Elder Scrolls has serious potential, it was remastered recently but it's not really a new game. I would not mind Sonic but he has a new release later this year. I've mentioned Fallout and think it has longevity. Mega Man is intriguing. I hope it's a license with multiple waves. If they tease what genre it is that would help but it might be too much to reveal.

Edited by RedTiger95

6 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

There was a Target Exclusive Star War Black Series Shadow Squadron set that was clearanced down to like $15 because it wasn't selling and now you can't find one for any less than $100.

I bought that when it was new. I hesitated initially, but I'm so glad I went for it now.

Edited by TheKrisLyons
Edit

6 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

Batman Arkham series would be nice, they have some cool designs. Elder Scrolls has serious potential, it was remastered recently but it's not really a new game. I would not mind Sonic but he has a new release later this year. I've mentioned Fallout and think it has longevity. Mega Man is intriguing. I hope it's a license with multiple waves. If they tease what genre it is that would help but it might be too much to reveal.

Not gonna lie literally every single one of those possibilities would have me buying each and every minimate in it. Hell yes to all of them but I'm guessing it'll be nothing we even thought of. 

8 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I would not consider a fourth Netflix show an extension, or the new Spidey cartoon, as they would both be continuations of existing product lines. Ditto a new MCU film.

However I don't see a denial of Alien Covenant... hm. This would be welcome. 

On 1/28/2017 at 8:31 PM, DSTZach said:

I would not consider a fourth Netflix show an extension, or the new Spidey cartoon, as they would both be continuations of existing product lines. Ditto a new MCU film.

Aren't extension and continuation synonyms? :lol:

• 1 month later...

Last week was the celebration of 20 years of Buffy which made me really nostalgic for that show. I think they'd make great mates but I remember the Palisade debacles. Is there a chance of Diamond ever getting their hands on the license and doing it right?