UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Any new licenses for 2017?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

Just a rando thought, would God of War fit into any of the categories that were hinted at for new stuff?  excuse me if it has been brought up before, no time to shuffle through all the pages of the thread...

I don't think anyone has mentioned God of War as one of the new lines.  I mentioned it briefly when talking about Mortal Kombat though.  Kratos was one of the add-on characters (Freddy, Jason, Predator, Alien, etc.) but those probably wouldn't be included in the MK license.

I mean Wolverine is flagship, A-List. Doom is also like one of the best villains in Marvel's catalogue. If I'm not mistaken weren't sentinels in the game too? And dang Deadpool is a major cash cow right now. I know there are some die hard MVC fans and enough hype that a lot of people won't care but don't you kinda want your most popular property in a new game? If for no other reason than X amount more sales? I heard that it would be MCU heavy? But isn't everything speculation at this point? I wonder if Marvel will push a bunch of ANAD stuff...

I'm sure the game developers and even Marvel would love to include all characters. This is Disney's doing. Almost immediately after Marvel was acquired, Disney stopped promoting characters with movie rights held by competing studios. Marvel used to play nice but the Mouse does not.

Disney wants world domination. I don't see how movie rights can make you as a company pretend those characters don't exist. They are still Marvel heroes in the comics, you just can't use them for films. Like the Lego Avengers completely omits them from the game, even though X-Men obviously are not Avengers, but still they were in the first game.

Disney isn't pretending they don't exist. They just want to do as little as possible to promote characters controlled by their competition.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason these characters are still in the comics is because they want to maintain their intellectual property. 

23 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

https://youtu.be/yWAcKofkYtw

MvC Infinite: minimates please!

I think there's a good chance we'll get MvCI minimates. MvC3 did well enough that DST tried SFxT (which from what I understand did less well).

I'd say anyone from the MCU who's had or are getting their own movie soon is pretty much a lock for the roster. Probably the Netflix folks and some current comic stuff too, I'm hoping for Kamala Khan.

32 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Unless its an unmade character or costume I'm not too interested in the marvel side but I'll gladly buy them for the Capcom characters. Hopefully they'll be some different SF & Darkstalkers characters from MvC3.

I'm hoping for some of the big MCU characters I still don't have comic 'mates of (Black Panther, Wasp, Scott Lang, Vision, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Doctor Strange, Elektra...). This could also be a way of getting some more comicish GotG members, or maybe some new Inhumans.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

• 4 weeks later...

Castlevania is in the news recently, possibly some animated series developments and hints. 

Don't know enough about the franchise to think about Minimates, but it is long running franchise with no new games.

Edited by JeffBohn