UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Any new licenses for 2017?

I think they could get a lot of mileage out of Mortal Kombat.  There's a lot of characters (both modern and classic) AND that could mean that we might be able to finally get a skull/spine accessory or a skeleton accessory (which would go really well with the Predator and Calico Jack lines, respectively).

Edited by MisterMiracle

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

I think they could get a lot of mileage out of Mortal Kombat.  There's a lot of characters (both modern and classic) AND that could mean that we might be able to finally get a skull/spine accessory or a skeleton accessory (which would go really well with the Predator and Calico Jack lines, respectively).

I know the perfect MK character that could use a skull/spine piece:

predator.jpg

Edited by Smashmaster12

From the new AskDST:

Ricky G.
Hello DST, I’m a big Power Rangers fan. There is a new Power Rangers film coming out in March of 2017. The trailer was released about a month ago. It has been getting positive reviews. I know I asked this question before “Will you guys be making Power Rangers Movie MiniMates?” But now I want to ask this. What would it take for you to make Power Rangers 2017 Movie MiniMates? Thank you for taking the time for reading this question. I’m looking forward to your response.

DSTChuck: Ricky, I think the Power Ranger license is pretty locked up by Bandai.

So I'd say Power Rangers is not our movie license.

Frank P.
Hello again! First off let me say that the stuff at NYCC looks incredible and I am already throwing my money at my pre-orders! Also, really jazzed about the upcoming release of the Marvel Most Wanted wave. 
My question is a quick one. With the upcoming release of two of Stephen Kings Classics on Celluloid, is there any chance of getting a Dark Tower or It set? I would settle for a box set of both if I can have Roland fight Pennywise!! Thanks again!!!

DSTChuck: I can say we have looked at Stephen King before, so we’ll just have to see what is possible.

Not an affirmative, but Dark Tower is coming out next year, is a fairly well-known book series and will possibly have some interesting designs. It could work...

I'm still betting on Mortal Kombat being the VG license though.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I wouldn't consider dark tower to be an evergreen franchise or even Steven King as a whole. 

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I wouldn't consider dark tower to be an evergreen franchise or even Steven King as a whole. 

Poooeetryyyyyyyyyyyy

Something that just occurred to me that we should take into consideration. Zach has said that DST doesn't get licenses just to do Minimates. So we need to take into account what other DST product would be logical for the licenses.

Banks and bottle openers are pretty wide open for DST but action figures other than Minimates could be a hurdle for some of the licenses mentioned. For example, I can't recall who exactly has the action figure license for Mortal Kombat (Jakks Pacific maybe?) but if they have the 7" Select scale tied up then it could be a problem. Same with PVC statues. Selects and the PVC statues seem to be a big part of what DST does (aside from Minimates of course). I'd speculate that if they can't get the license for either one of those products it might not be worth it to them. Just based on previous comments about other licenses.

Or course I could be totally wrong about that too. Aliens and Predator are two big licenses that don't have either Selects or statues from DST. Just banks, bottle openers and Mini/Vinimates.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

3 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we did get MvC4, but it just doesn't fit this specific license that's been mentioned.

I'll be disappointed (though not really surprised) if the rumors are true and all of the Fox-owned characters have been removed.

It's not like we've had a Fantastic 4 wave recently but to stop making X-Men? Wolverine is their bread and butter, and there are still so many X options to do! :/

we need another Magik and hopefully another X-Force wave!

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

It's not like we've had a Fantastic 4 wave recently but to stop making X-Men? Wolverine is their bread and butter, and there are still so many X options to do! :/

we need another Magik and hopefully another X-Force wave!

No, I mean for MvC4. There are rumors X-Men and F4 characters won't be in it.

I can't see DST abandoning the X-Men altogether. Since Wave 50, the only classic comic LCS waves that haven't been X-based are 54 and (soon) 69.

10 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

No, I mean for MvC4. There are rumors X-Men and F4 characters won't be in it.

I can't see DST abandoning the X-Men altogether. Since Wave 50, the only classic comic LCS waves that haven't been X-based are 54 and (soon) 69.

Oh yeahhh I heard Wolverine and Magneto weren't in it. That'd be wild. I don't really dig sidescrolling type fighting games like that I much prefer moving to the side like tekken or having free range like Tenkaichi but it's a cool concept for a game and hope it includes everyone's favorites. 

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Oh yeahhh I heard Wolverine and Magneto weren't in it. That'd be wild. I don't really dig sidescrolling type fighting games like that I much prefer moving to the side like tekken or having free range like Tenkaichi but it's a cool concept for a game and hope it includes everyone's favorites. 

And Deadpool :(