UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Any new licenses for 2017?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we have seen Watchmen, Caddyshack, Beetlejuice, Iron Giant, and Forbidden Planet license reveals, so we can assume that there will be Minimates for some of those.

Also, at the NYC Panel it was mentioned that they have gotten a video game license that hasn't  been revealed.

I'm sure there will be others too, but DST will save the reveals for closer to SDCC or Toy Fair.

20 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

There's a big movie license coming for 2017. The video game is pretty big, too.

But yeah, neither is Marvel.

314.jpg

I'd die of happiness if they were DCEU & Injustice 2, but that's not gonna happen... Anyway, other big name movies that aren't Marvel, DC or Fox are Transformers, Star Wars, PotC and Power Rangers. PR seems the most likely, but dunno. As for Video Games, I'm gonna agree with NerdyTrev and go with Resident Evil as well.

PS: Thanks to the Dr.Strange wave, a Hannibal mate is now a reality!

Edited by Kostisfire

Shouldn't be this in Movies & TV? Anyway; All I want to know about is new video game 'Mates. Rampant speculation time:

Blizzard's new game Overwatch (Actually Blizzard games in general) seems like it would be a good candidate, and all it has in terms of figures ATM is Pop's. If I had to guess on anything, I'd lean to that. RE7 drops next year, I'd call that a "big franchise," though I wonder if Capcom wants to do that dance with DST again after SFxT. (I don't remember it selling very well) Never gonna happen, but Nintendo properties would be great - and now this is turning into a wishlist instead of speculation. 

There are so many movie possibilities, but my top guesses would be: Existing properties with new movies: The Mummy or Alien: Covenant If it's a completely new property: It The Dark Tower Jumanji Friday the 13th War for Planet of the Apes Kong: Skull Island Complete wish-listing on my part would be: Underworld: Bloodwars (like tigers, there are never enough werewolves) and XXX: Return of Xander Cage Of course I'd want minimates from all the films in the series. Still I have this lurking dread that the property is going to be Fifty Shades Darker. Before anyone laughs or thinks I'm joking remember how we got Desperately Seeking Susan minimates.

1 hour ago, Prowlar said:

There are so many movie possibilities, but my top guesses would be: Existing properties with new movies: The Mummy or Alien: Covenant If it's a completely new property: It The Dark Tower Jumanji Friday the 13th War for Planet of the Apes Kong: Skull Island Complete wish-listing on my part would be: Underworld: Bloodwars (like tigers, there are never enough werewolves) and XXX: Return of Xander Cage Of course I'd want minimates from all the films in the series. Still I have this lurking dread that the property is going to be Fifty Shades Darker. Before anyone laughs or thinks I'm joking remember how we got Desperately Seeking Susan minimates.

So you'really saying Chuck's wife is a big fan of the 50 Shades books?

5 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

It's not a new game (2016/2017), but it is a big, evergreen franchise.

TF2 FOR THE WIN! 

What do you mean its not tf2? 

Aw.....

But in all seriousness, thanks Zach, for the info ;P

Edited by Gmonkey2k