UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa & Birthday Elephant - passing the torch

Nessex

Hi All, 

It has come to that time of the year where one needs to start thinking about things like Secret Santa and Birthday Elephant.
I'm in a bit of a pickle - while I love running these events for the community here, I have taken on a number of other responsibilities in my life recently which are preventing me from giving these tasks my full attention. Staff cuts at my work along with captaining the local Roller Derby team, as well as being the VP of the local derby league have proven to be very rewarding tasks, but they have eaten up all of my free time.
I'd like to ask if anyone out there in the community would be interested in taking the reigns of one or both of these projects? They do require a bit of work and organisation, but it's a great feeling to see various members get their gifts each year and share a bit of joy. Ideally, I'd recommend that each task be taken up by a different person, but I'd happily see them both go to the same home if the right person (someone highly organised, with a love or spreadsheets) came along. 
While I'm not on the boards as often as I used to be, I'll still be around to assist the new Santa & Elephant wranglers with any difficulties or queries they may have. They new wranglers can rest assured that they will be very well supported in the roles.
If you have any questions about the positions, please feel free to ask below. You're also welcome to PM me if you're feeling shy. 

These are both great traditions that I would really like to see continue here at the MMMV. Who wants to help keep the warm fuzzies going?

Who will be America's Next Top Elephant Wrangler?

enhanced-1418-1426080600-9.jpg

I wish I had the time to head either one of these nice events.  However, I am spread too thin as it is with my community service outreach projects my wife and I do.

I enjoy the birthday elephant but not sure I could run the show.  I would maybe consider Secret Santa but not this year.

I do hope someone continues the traditions.

• 2 weeks later...