UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Nintendo Switch

Gmonkey2k

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2018 at 8:38 PM, Freaqualizer said:

@Gmonkey2k I just picked up a Nintendo Switch for a long trip i’m going on in 2019. I have Breath of the Wild and Paladins. Add me, i’m always looking for people to game with. 

SW 8147 2868 3784

Haha, I haven't been able to snag one yet, but If/when I do i will keep you in mind!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/8/2021 at 11:57 PM, Gmonkey2k said:

So…anyone get the OLED?

I did. I got the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet one. I love it!

I picked up a Switch when they announced Metroid Prime Remastered. That made it easier to pull the trigger since until then my only interest was Metroid Dread and I didn't want to get a whole console just for one game. In the end I do feel that it was worth it for those two games but I also found a decent number of others that are worth a playthrough.
I opted for the OLED at a friend's recommendation, since I use it pretty much exclusively in hand-held mode. I do notice a difference in screen quality - but if you're going to keep it hooked up to a screen, the OLED isn't as useful.

16 hours ago, Donny B said:

I picked up a Switch when they announced Metroid Prime Remastered. That made it easier to pull the trigger since until then my only interest was Metroid Dread and I didn't want to get a whole console just for one game. In the end I do feel that it was worth it for those two games but I also found a decent number of others that are worth a playthrough.
I opted for the OLED at a friend's recommendation, since I use it pretty much exclusively in hand-held mode. I do notice a difference in screen quality - but if you're going to keep it hooked up to a screen, the OLED isn't as useful.

That’s a good callout. I’ve had my Switch for many years and have only played it once in docked mode when some friends came over to play Diablo. I’ve only ever used it in handheld since. Maybe I’ll look into the OLED. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 11:49 AM, luke314pi said:

My wife and I are about 30 hours into Zelda. It's the first time in like 2 years that we have used our Switch. But I am looking forward to Super Mario Wonder. 

Only worry: Wonder and Spider-Man 2 drop the same day 😅