UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Never made, ever

bigvis497

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Has the Spot ever had a figure? I was first introduced to him from the 90's series and thought he was a pretty cool villain. I think he'd make a great minimate.

He received a 10" ToyBiz figure. Towards the end of the line KB Toys had quite a few simple repaints under the "Marvel Universe" banner but many of them didn't have 5" counterparts. Spot was one of them, I believe he was just a repainted Silver Surfer.

12 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

He received a 10" ToyBiz figure. Towards the end of the line KB Toys had quite a few simple repaints under the "Marvel Universe" banner but many of them didn't have 5" counterparts. Spot was one of them, I believe he was just a repainted Silver Surfer.

They had SO MANY of these at my local KB.  I do miss KB Toys though.

On 10/26/2016 at 8:08 AM, Mnemosis said:

Phantazia

Swoon. I would take all of the unmade MLF members for that matter! Wildchild, Reaper, Tempo, etc...

EDIT: Oops - just realised Phantasia was with Toad's Brotherhood, not the MLF. My bad.

Edited by Nessex

I realize that there are still some important holes in the action figure universe, but it occurred to me last night how deep we had to go in the Marvel universe to find characters who hadn't been made.  For someone who grew up in the 80s, this is actually amazing.  Super hero toys for me were relegated a few of the later model Mego pocket heroes left on the pegs in Toys R Us, then eventually Secret Wars and Super Powers.  While those were amazing, they offered a fairly limited variety of characters, especially Marvel.  I still remember using a visored Star Wars figure as a stand in for Cyclops as a kid.  We had a lot of other amazing action figures back then, but not so much from the comic books.  So when I realize the other side of this thread, the sheer number of characters who have been made in one form or another over the years, I'm actually pretty impressed.

I had tons of GI Joe and Star Wars guys that subbed for superheroes.  Can't remember any of them now, but I do know that my first customs were the Super Powers Aquaman I repainted as Booster Gold, and the Secret Wars Wolverine I repainted as Hawkeye.

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

I had tons of GI Joe and Star Wars guys that subbed for superheroes.  Can't remember any of them now, but I do know that my first customs were the Super Powers Aquaman I repainted as Booster Gold, and the Secret Wars Wolverine I repainted as Hawkeye.

I did the same thing! And then I saw this

s-l400.jpg

And went crazy tracking down these PVC toys. LOL maybe it is why I can't stand the minimate X-Factor Jean since the hair isn't big enough and the costume isn't red. I would play that they were scattered through the universe and as I found them the other characters found each other. That and I made paper dolls of the characters.

On 10/20/2016 at 11:12 AM, youbastards said:

Sure, post it and I'll give a listen.  Howling Commandos doesn't get the recognition it deserves.  Marvel's first black character, dealing with racism against Japanese Americans, casualties of war...some pretty heavy stuff for the early sixties, they were really important comics.

Another:

Clea.jpg

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandoes had always been a very nostalgic book for me. I customized the whole crew as mates awhile back but I would dearly love a real release. 

Clea too!

5 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandoes had always been a very nostalgic book for me. I customized the whole crew as mates awhile back but I would dearly love a real release. 

Clea too!

I am actually surprised we didn't get a box set yet of the Commandos for the 75 anniversary of WW2 or in 2020 for the anniversary of the end of the war.

8 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

Your syntax makes it sound like you're surprised we didn't yet receive something four years from now lol

More like I'm surprised we didn't get it for the 75th anniversary of the start of the war (1939) in 2014 while SHIELD and FURY have been hot topics but that they still have time since the end of the war was in 45 they can do 75 years in 2020.

20 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

Don't want to go really obscure. I don't think Razorback has ever had an official figure.

That's the name of the game though is to pick a character no matter how obscure he or she is.

ok so my pick is Turbo/Torpedo who was also a a New Warrior

4 minutes ago, EricM said:

That's the name of the game though is to pick a character no matter how obscure he or she is.

ok so my pick is Turbo/Torpedo who was also a a New Warrior

I thought the name of the game was characters you are surprised never got figures because of their contributions/ties to the over all MCU.