UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Never made, ever

bigvis497

This thread is my fault sadly (I'm not sorry) It just ticks me off that Crystal a member of three large teams: Fantastic Four, Inhumans, Avengers that married into the X-Men has been neglected and i think that is the intent of my selection. But I will be cheating by saying it's four figures: The Power Pack.

166887-123278-power-pack.jpg

And now the why: The are connected to every franchise in the Marvel Universe. Katie connected the X-Universe to the team with her adventures with Wolverine. Alex joined the New Warriors and the Fantastic Four. Julie was in the Avengers Academy. Jack had adventures with Spider-man and was Franklin Richard's best friend. Plus since they are kids (i.e. no breasts) the figures could switch heads to designate which power each Power had since the siblings could power swap.  

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/20/2016 at 5:12 PM, youbastards said:

Sure, post it and I'll give a listen.  Howling Commandos doesn't get the recognition it deserves.  Marvel's first black character, dealing with racism against Japanese Americans, casualties of war...some pretty heavy stuff for the early sixties, they were really important comics.

Another:

Clea.jpg

That's perfectly clea .

20 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

This thread is my fault sadly (I'm not sorry) It just ticks me off that Crystal a member of three large teams: Fantastic Four, Inhumans, Avengers that married into the X-Men has been neglected and i think that is the intent of my selection. But I will be cheating by saying it's four figures: The Power Pack.

166887-123278-power-pack.jpg

And now the why: The are connected to every franchise in the Marvel Universe. Katie connected the X-Universe to the team with her adventures with Wolverine. Alex joined the New Warriors and the Fantastic Four. Julie was in the Avengers Academy. Jack had adventures with Spider-man and was Franklin Richard's best friend. Plus since they are kids (i.e. no breasts) the figures could switch heads to designate which power each Power had since the siblings could power swap.  

Did you know the Power Pack TV pilot was actually released? I thought it was an urban legend for years until I saw it on YouTube. Power Pack is a great choice, they were all over the place in the 80s.

3 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

Did you know the Power Pack TV pilot was actually released? I thought it was an urban legend for years until I saw it on YouTube. Power Pack is a great choice, they were all over the place in the 80s.

Yes! I have been waiting for Disney to make them into a series (cartoon or otherwise). I actually have a spec script somewhere I pitched about a decade ago.

Adding back into the thread. I submit Husk & M from Generation X.

Husk of course is Cannonball's Sister, an X-Man (dated Angel and Toad... I'll wait while you clean up the vomit...), a founder of Gen X and in the X-Corp. Not to mention she has that interesting skin rip-away power. She has appeared in X-Men: TAS and showed up as a name in X2. 

1f2a089a7178274310ab970ed457b12c.jpg

M is more versed as a Member of Gen X, X-Corp, The X-Men, X-Factor and is the current White Queen of the Hellfire Club.

stk626244.jpg

Both got worked over during the Toy Biz line and have since lingered in toy obscurity.

Yeah - M & Husk are both good Candidates that have strong ties to the X-Men core books (not just the sub-books).

While we're on the topic of X-people never made into figures, i think that some of their classic, campy villains are very toyetic, but have been shown little/no love.
Have Vanisher, Mimic or Mesmero ever been made into action figures? For That matter, have half of the classic Hellfire Club? I can't think of a Donald Pierce, Sebastian Shaw or Harry Leland toy?

2 hours ago, Nessex said:

Yeah - M & Husk are both good Candidates that have strong ties to the X-Men core books (not just the sub-books).

While we're on the topic of X-people never made into figures, i think that some of their classic, campy villains are very toyetic, but have been shown little/no love.
Have Vanisher, Mimic or Mesmero ever been made into action figures? For That matter, have half of the classic Hellfire Club? I can't think of a Donald Pierce, Sebastian Shaw or Harry Leland toy?

Vanisher - No

Mimic - No

Mesmro - No

Shaw - Yes (Marvel Movie Minimate)

Pierce - Non

Leland - Nyet

Mastermind - Nope.

Not to mention a couple of Reavers. Only Bone Crusher and Lady D got made which annoys me. The Shattered Star story line is still one of my favourites from the books. 

24 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Shaw - Yes (Marvel Movie Minimate)

Not to mention a couple of Reavers. Only Bone Crusher and Lady D got made which annoys me. The Shattered Star story line is still one of my favourites from the books.

Oh - of course! LOL. How could i forget that one! 
I was wracking my brain trying to think if we'd ever seen a 616 Black King. I totally forgot about the movie-verse one. 

Skullbuster and Pretty Boy should be reasonably easy to make as customs. I might look into that this week :D

9 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

The Fury

Jack of Hearts?

Lilandra

Bastion

William Stryker

Goblin Queen?

The Spot

Killraven

There were some figures for the alternate reality mutant x book back in the day and I pretty sure Madelyne was one of them she may have even been the goblin queen, Now mutan X would be a fantastic wave of figure that only about six of us would want.

Unless I'm missing something, the majority of the original Guardians of the Galaxy are also conspicuously absent, especially given that we now have classic Vance Astro and Yondu in the Marvel Legends 3.75" scale.  

Also, this may just be me, but I would love to see the comic Micronauts in action figure form.  I know this is a strange one since the Micronauts emerged from a toy line and there are some parallels between the original toys and the comic lineup, but I don't think of them as being the same.  

9 hours ago, Polarboy said:

There were some figures for the alternate reality mutant x book back in the day and I pretty sure Madelyne was one of them she may have even been the goblin queen, Now mutant X would be a fantastic wave of figure that only about six of us would want.

I am HERE for that. I loved that line and still read the comics from time to time. I also got the toys.

2 hours ago, Kotter Comics said:

Unless I'm missing something, the majority of the original Guardians of the Galaxy are also conspicuously absent, especially given that we now have classic Vance Astro and Yondu in the Marvel Legends 3.75" scale.  

Also, this may just be me, but I would love to see the comic Micronauts in action figure form.  I know this is a strange one since the Micronauts emerged from a toy line and there are some parallels between the original toys and the comic lineup, but I don't think of them as being the same.  

Starhawk, Chunky, Nikki, Aleta, Martinex, and Replica have all been ignored.

Starjammers, Micronauts, the original Guardians of the Galaxy... all would be great.  As would Power Pack.  I've always thought it would make a GREAT cartoon, either as a feature or series.  One of the cool things about Marvel right now is that they are realizing that there are a lot of great characters and comics that can be adapted into other media beyond just the big guns.  Hopefully Walt and Weezi's kids will get a shot.