UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, hellpop said:

Yeah!  Eat it, micro Rocket fans!

ar.gif

Not our intended message, obviously, but I think making ANOTHER micro Rocket would have been sending a similar message to the people who wanted an articulated one.

Plus, then micro-Groot would have had to be a nano-Groot.

4 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Not our intended message, obviously, but I think making ANOTHER micro Rocket would have been sending a similar message to the people who wanted an articulated one.

Plus, then micro-Groot would have had to be a nano-Groot.

You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

47 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Pic?

I'll try to snap an updated pic tonight.  You can see the original, with (ugh) Lizard legs, here. I've actually made a bunch of customs (Indiana Jones! Optimus Prime!) that I'm eager to show off, so this will give me extra motivation.

17 minutes ago, hellpop said:

I'll try to snap an updated pic tonight.  You can see the original, with (ugh) Lizard legs, here. I've actually made a bunch of customs (Indiana Jones! Optimus Prime!) that I'm eager to show off, so this will give me extra motivation.

I hope Rocket shares a picture with Dr. Jones (or some other normal-sized minimate) so we can see their comparative heights.

As promised, a photo of my updated Rocket Raccoon:

Rocket+Update.JPG

Apologies that the photo quality isn't better.  But he's a full size Minimate, just slightly shorter than, say, Star-Lord.  So if scale is your thing you might not want to swap the legs out.  But I like 'em just fine.

4 hours ago, stack32 said:

I fail to see how keeping the GotG lines consistent would somehow have a wrong move, but, whatever.

If we'd made the new characters in a completely different scale than previous characters, I'd understand that statement. But we made a previously made character in a different size because some people didn't like the old size, and because he was no longer the smallest character in the film. Call it an alternative take, or a correction, or a promotion, but the old figure is still available. It's no different than bulking up a character, or removing a chest cover on a second pass. 

Here's an idea for the future...

There was a Father's Day set that had proto pics released a long time ago that had real small children minimates.  Can we get Rocket on that small child body type but with a shorter version of those wolf legs?  It would eat up some new tooling but it would also make a bad ass and more accurate Rocket figure.  

I think Rocket can work as an articulated figure and I get the Rocket/Groot size argument but I have a feeling this Rocket isn't going to look right based off of how those legs look compared to the rest of the body.

Edited by MisterMiracle

12 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

Here's an idea for the future...

There was a Father's Day set that had proto pics released a long time ago that had real small children minimates.  Can we get Rocket on that small child body type but with a shorter version of those wolf legs?  It would eat up some new tooling but it would also make a bad ass and more accurate Rocket figure.  

I think Rocket can work as an articulated figure and I get the Rocket/Groot size argument but I have a feeling this Rocket isn't going to look right based off of how those legs look compared to the rest of the body.

Are you talking to me? I'd say Ask DST, but I'm pretty sure Chuck has said no to bringing that scale back,  as I'm sure it was developed to woo a specific retail chain, so a completely new base body seems unlikely. And if you don't like how he looks WHEN HE IS SHOWN, we've seen some great customs using Battle Beast legs.

Edited by DSTZach

On 10/21/2016 at 10:12 PM, hellpop said:

As promised, a photo of my updated Rocket Raccoon:

Rocket+Update.JPG

Apologies that the photo quality isn't better.  But he's a full size Minimate, just slightly shorter than, say, Star-Lord.  So if scale is your thing you might not want to swap the legs out.  But I like 'em just fine.

Love this! Maybe Wolfsbane will get the treatment someday when we get X-Factor. <- not so subtle shade.