UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look cool, but it's not a Day 1 purchase for me. Maybe down the line. Dunno, it feels weird having MCU versions and not comic ones, especially with such a hot property as the Guardians, and 3 years after their big boom that is. I skipped the first, and I'll probably do the same thing here... Mantis looks fairly comic accurate though, so I may snag her.

3 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

They look cool, but it's not a Day 1 purchase for me. Maybe down the line. Dunno, it feels weird having MCU versions and not comic ones, especially with such a hot property as the Guardians, and 3 years after their big boom that is. I skipped the first, and I'll probably do the same thing here... Mantis looks fairly comic accurate though, so I may snag her.

For most cases I would agree with you, but I feel like Guardians was a property where I thought the comic following was so small it was insane to make a movie out of it. When it hit and became popular, I can see why more people would want the movie versions first. Still I hope we get the comic book versions as well. 

38 minutes ago, Additup said:

For most cases I would agree with you, but I feel like Guardians was a property where I thought the comic following was so small it was insane to make a movie out of it. When it hit and became popular, I can see why more people would want the movie versions first. Still I hope we get the comic book versions as well. 

Pre-Movie yeah, I never expected to see a complete team. But 3 years later, with the Guardians as a household name, the fact that we don't have the comic book team, even the NOW! versions, is weird. Especially considering we have GotG versions of Iron Man & Venom, plus Angela & Captain Marvel. We have the extra members of the NOW! vols, except the actual main members!

On 19/02/2017 at 3:47 PM, Kostisfire said:

Pre-Movie yeah, I never expected to see a complete team. But 3 years later, with the Guardians as a household name, the fact that we don't have the comic book team, even the NOW! versions, is weird. Especially considering we have GotG versions of Iron Man & Venom, plus Angela & Captain Marvel. We have the extra members of the NOW! vols, except the actual main members!

I'm still waiting for my Vance Astro... Just let Firestar be happy Zach! Why won't you let her be happy!

17 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I'm still waiting for my Vance Astro... Just let Firestar be happy Zach! Why won't you let her be happy!

I've thought for a while that Vance Astro/Major Victory would be easy for DST to fit into a set somewhere since he'd require no new parts, carries Cap's shield, and is a really simple design. With an extra head, chest, and cape you could get Vance Astrovik/Marvel Boy/Justice out of the same figure though that's probably asking for too much.

3 hours ago, stack32 said:

I've thought for a while that Vance Astro/Major Victory would be easy for DST to fit into a set somewhere since he'd require no new parts, carries Cap's shield, and is a really simple design. With an extra head, chest, and cape you could get Vance Astrovik/Marvel Boy/Justice out of the same figure though that's probably asking for too much.

That's been my dream for years. It drives me nuts to see Cap after Cap variant when Vance would be an easy and good one. Hell I'd even settle for just a different head and keep him with the GOTG Star. I have had a Winter Solider Head piece and an APollo hair piece waiting for this day in case they don't deliver.

On 2/22/2017 at 9:04 PM, Dave said:

any ideas on the sticker kit customs Luke?

Oooh, I second this question.  I have two sets in the cart right now, hoping to get an idea on stickers before I commit.  I had no idea these +DD + Luke Cage were coming so quick!  I'm feeling the hurt looking at my cart right now.

Side question, is there any master list for previous stickers that are available?  I remember that Korath The Pursuer was one, and I'm bummed I missed that sticker set.  I have been growing my MCU display with customs, so more is always nice!

I won't be able to make the sticker kit without seeing the movie first. There is definitely not enough material in the trailers. The sticker kits will ship later. And if you only buy one set now, and decide you like the sticker kit later, you can always buy that 2nd set later to get the kit.

I don't have a master list, but Korath will be included in this kit.

52 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

I won't be able to make the sticker kit without seeing the movie first. There is definitely not enough material in the trailers. The sticker kits will ship later. And if you only buy one set now, and decide you like the sticker kit later, you can always buy that 2nd set later to get the kit.

You should definitely include the alien star wars looking text on star lords shirt that he has in most of the promotional material, and dst didn't include for whatever reason, thats my biggest problem with the new star lord

Edited by FightTheDead118

30 minutes ago, FightTheDead118 said:

You should definitely include the alien star wars looking text on star lords shirt that he has in most of the promotional material, and dst didn't include for whatever reason, thats my biggest problem with the new star lord

I am definitely planning on that. :D

18 hours ago, luke314pi said:

Good news all around!