UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Yeah, Chuck has always said that the cost of tooling new parts does not play a role, but if we don't have the proper reference at the time we have to start seeking concept approvals in order to meet a manufacturing date, then old reference is better than none. 

You'll see a lineup and silhouettes later this month, for specialty. Actual photos are embargoed.

Oh wow, that's great!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer about Rocket, I loved the un-articulated mini-figures. Groot at that scale is interesting. It's hard to go by just silhouettes but Mantis looks like she'll be pretty close to her comic source. Ego will obviously be drastically different. I'm guessing Taserface is a generic army builder guy.

DMC12720.jpg

A Diamond Select Toys release! The greatest mix-tape in the galaxy is back! The unlikely team of misfits known as Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is coming back to our solar system with a new movie, and DST is marking the occasion with a new assortment of Minimates based on the film! Four new two-packs capture the main cast in 2-inch mini-figure form: Starlord pairs with Yondu, Gamora with Rocket and Groot, and two comic-shop-exclusive sets feature Ego with Ayesha and Taserface with Mantis. Each Minimate features up to 14 points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts, and each 2-pack comes in a full-color window box. You're welcome!

Just now, Mysterious Stranger said:

Looks like the bottom of his legs got cut off when they were photoshopping in the Lil' Groot photo. I'd say Rocket is built on the kid body.

Why would they cut-off a press release image that's purpose is to show the outlines of the figures?

1 minute ago, bigvis497 said:

Why would they cut-off a press release image that's purpose is to show the outlines of the figures?

I think what he's saying, is that the bottom of Rockets legs got covered by the picture of groot

27 minutes ago, bigvis497 said:

Ask DST?

Seriously though, the kid got my meaning. When they were adding the photo of Groot, the bottom of Rocket's legs got cut off. I'm not saying its a great photoshop job, but I can see how it happened.

23 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Ask DST?

Seriously though, the kid got my meaning. When they were adding the photo of Groot, the bottom of Rocket's legs got cut off. I'm not saying its a great photoshop job, but I can see how it happened.

I understood what you meant as well, I just don't see how an error like that would make its way to a final press release. Groot's head almost reaches Rocket's waist and hands yet those parts of the image aren't obscured. I'm betting he has a new leg/foot where it's all one piece.

Drax/Nebula at TRU. Yes, Yondu has an arrow and holster. Yes, Rocket's legs are that short, and his arms are long to work his large weapon.

5 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

Bummer about Rocket, I loved the un-articulated mini-figures. Groot at that scale is interesting.

You know we made two un-articulated Rockets already, right? Not sure how another one would have been different. And you know Groot is that size in the film, right?

5 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

You know we made two un-articulated Rockets already, right? Not sure how another one would have been different. And you know Groot is that size in the film, right?

I'm just saying I'm the minority who preferred the un-articulated mini-figures, has no relation to what you've already made.

I know Groot is that size in the film, not sure why that's being questioned. To elaborate it looks like an interesting design from the silhouette. We haven't seen humanoid forms in that size yet, all of the mini-figures have been non-human forms. Opens up interesting possibilities for customs. 

I just meant there's no reason to be sad about a regular size Rocket, since plenty exist. And it would have made a micro-sized Groot very confusing. So the smallest Groot embiggens the drunkest raccoon, to borrow a phrase.

Have we never made a micro humanoid? I guess I think about the Ant-Man/Yellowjacket action-figure/puppets as being small humanoids.

Edited by DSTZach

5 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I just meant there's no reason to be sad about a regular size Rocket, since plenty exist. And it would have made a micro-sized Groot very confusing. So the smallest Groot embiggens the drunkest raccoon, to borrow a phrase.

Have we never made a micro humanoid? I guess I think about the Ant-Man/Yellowjacket action-figure/puppets as being small humanoids.

Eh, theres a fine line, the puppets look like minimate sized minimates, while this groot actually looks like a small character, not just a figure

52 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

There's one Rocket mold released twice with slightly different paint jobs, neither of which match the costume in this movie, at least going by the footage in the sneak peek. So if you liked the micro Rocket (and many of us did even if we weren't as vocal as those who whined about it) there's plenty to be sad about. I'm not sure why that would be difficult to understand.