UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

5 hours ago, Turtle said:

I saw the movie last night (loved it!), And I think DST did a great job on this wave.  I can't blame them for reference pics they got, but I would have preferred Ayesha to have been in a different costume.  The jockey suit was not her most memorable look.  Kraglin would have been great to get, but he should be an easy QC.  Ravager army builders and the Ravager captains would have been cool, but not at the expense of what we got.

Legit though I feel like there's nothing that really got missed here. I'm not sure if that comes down to it being a relatively smaller cast for a film or if it's that they got DST some reference material pretty quickly but I greatly appreciate it. 

Even the first Guardians lacked the three main Novas, the Collector, and Thanos. This? Kraglin and even then he's QC-able. 

Doctor Strange also felt complete and I'm liking the precedent it sets. I hope DST keeps it up what with how these movie waves are usually one-and-done unless it's AOU or Civil War big. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have seen the movie, here is what I will be including in the sticker kits. I am trying to mostly offer extra looks that you can use with the existing Minimates without any additional painting/customizing.

• Blue shirt with alien text for Star Lord
  • Starry-eyed Star Lord face
  • Jetpack Star Lord chest
  • Angry Gamora face
  • Jetpack Gamora chest
  • Jetpack Rocket chest
  • Smaller Rocket chest for smaller Minimate torso
  • Laughing Drax face
  • Jetpack Drax chest
  • Laughing Mantis (to go with laughing Drax :D)
  • Whistling Yondu face
  • Battle Damaged Ego
  • Battle Damaged Taserface
  • Sovereign Male Pilot (for use with Ayesha's head and body)
  • Kraglin
  • Extra Ravager faces
  • Korath (from 1st movie)

Once I have pics of the kit I will post them here. :)

Saw the movie today and loved it. Thought the new additions meshed well with the previous cast and enjoyed getting more in depth with characters back stories. The soundtrack was seamless imo, none of the songs seemed out of place. And that third after credits scene... YES!!! I've hoped for so long that would occur, one of my favorite characters ever. Cannot wait to see how that plays out.

I especially enjoy the Guardians movies standing on their own. Let them tie in on another franchises bill.

I plan on seeing it again Tuesday with some other friends that couldn't make it today.

Edited by Ronan The Accuser
Entered correct after credit scene. Meant third, not last.

Rocket uses a couple big guns in the movie (I saw it three times this weekend). Not sure if that's the one the Minimate came with, but he uses the rifles more than the pistols (which I prefer pistols).

Korath was also missing from the first movie's lineup. I'd settle for a Guardians Saga 5-pack: Korath, The Collector, Nova Prime, Kraglin, High Priestess Ayesha, with Cosmo accessory, and heads for Rhomann Dey & Garthan Saal (I know their shoulder ranks would be different) for the already released Nova Corps bodies.

Steve Agee's character's name was "Jeff". I laughed every time Taserface (*snicker*) said it.

I have a Yondu body set aside for a Kraglin QC, and I'm trying to see what dress & headpiece would look best to spraypaint gold for a more regal Ayesha.

I loved that the movie was completely different from the first. When sequels are too similar, they're rarely as good. Not to mention, with this genre & the setting being "all of space" it doesn't make sense for it to be too similar.

There was more character development in two hours than I've read in most 500-page novels. And Gunn has said before it was even announced that he was going to make a second movie, that it would be more emotional with more character development. I feel he more than delivered on that promise.

I didn't like some of the potty humor, personally. I like potty humor...when it's appropriate. I feel it's appropriate in South Park or Farrelly Brothers movies; not in a comic book movie. But that's me. The rest of the theater(s) were still laughing pretty loudly.

I can't wait to see it a bunch more times. If I'd had the time & money, I would've at least hit four for the weekend (I ended up having to skip Saturday).

Edited by TENIME_art

I loved the Zune joke, granted there were only a few in the theater that got it.  I think they did a good job of hiding the main villain plot from the trailers.  I think I'll go see it again this week.  The trailers before just showed how much of a juggernaut Disney has become, the trailers were for Spiderman Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok and Last Jedi.  All 3 are must see movies for me and should bring it major bank for the mouse house (Don't know how much they get from Spiderman though).

Just found the TRU wave at my local TRU.

I got one of each and they had Starlord/Yondo and Rocket/Gamora left.  Didn't see any other Drax/Nebula packs other than the one I got.

3 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

That's comedian Steve Agee, most notable for appearing on @Midnight on Comedy Central. And a face for him would be awesome!

I will make sure he is one of them! :)

2 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Luke - any idea how soon you'll have the sticker sets ready? I've been holding off ordering more of this series until we knew what stickers you were including (so I can get enough figures for them all).

I will be finished designing the kit on the 14th, and I will post pics of it on the 15th. Then I will need a little bit of time to produce them. The kits will start shipping on the 18th - the same day we are receiving Series 72 and possibly 73. So if anyone wants to combine a 72/73 order with more 71 to get a kit, just let me know.

16 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Hey Luke, with your Rocket jet pack torso sticker, would you have it fit the initial torso he was packed with or the smaller one you have a sticker for? 

I will try to fit both on the sheet. :)