UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Can anyone who has both say how GotG 2 Rocket looks with GotG 1 Groot?

Here. I took a picture of all four:

5B4EB754-561F-4147-9055-AAD19C0740DC_zps

Here is a different angle:

E3719AC2-2048-4116-A8DB-50551F438DB5_zps

Edited by Onyx_6
Added a pic

I received my sets today. A few thoughts:

-I like that Yondu got his arrow. I am a bit envious of the floaty arrow and whistling head that the ML figure has though.

-The metallic green on Mantis really pops. It looks much better than if they had went with a flat color.

-I appreciate the work they put in to Taserface. The head is well-designed and it's nice to have a new somewhat generic sci-fi gun. I imagine we'll see that again in the future.

-I thought it was a bad idea to not make Rocket a microfigure and this figure makes that argument much better than I ever could. It's just a mess of a design and I'm surprised that DST didn't do better even with the obvious difficulties. Maybe it could be saved with some tweaks (child torso, different legs) but I doubt it. I hope DST doesn't go this route again with Rocket. The head is a nice sculpt.

-Does anyone have stands that actually fit the figures? I assume DST has been using new tooling for the feet lately and they don't fit on the stands without seriously stressing the plastic.