UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

22 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I won't be able to make the sticker kit without seeing the movie first. There is definitely not enough material in the trailers. The sticker kits will ship later. And if you only buy one set now, and decide you like the sticker kit later, you can always buy that 2nd set later to get the kit.

I don't have a master list, but Korath will be included in this kit.

Sounds good Luke, just put in my order!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke, can I suggest a comic book version of Ayesha, also known as Her and Kismet?  I personally am interested in her look when she appeared in the Quasar series, which was a takeoff on Adam Warlock's '70s look.  Here's a decent image of her, from the old Marvel Handbook:

latest?cb=20160820211155

It looks better with a cape.

6 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I would like to gear this kit towards the 2nd movie mostly, but she should be a quick one to include. :)

I think kraglin would be cool, and shouldn't be much more than an alternate decal for the torso on yondu and face decal + zangiefs mohawk, also angrier faces for gamora, drax ( not technically in the specialty series but still) and nebula would be amazing 

Edited by FightTheDead118

The turnaround time on this wave is really kind of amazing. We just saw the last two figures from this wave at Toyfair, and they are already shipping.  I've long been critical of DST for not having product on the shelves when a movie is opening, so this is a welcome change that I hope is a sign of things to come.

12 hours ago, FightTheDead118 said:

I think kraglin would be cool, and shouldn't be much more than an alternate decal for the torso on yondu and face decal + zangiefs mohawk, also angrier faces for gamora, drax ( not technically in the specialty series but still) and nebula would be amazing 

Good ideas!

11 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

More Ravagers in general would be great.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

The turnaround time on this wave is really kind of amazing. We just saw the last two figures from this wave at Toyfair, and they are already shipping.  I've long been critical of DST for not having product on the shelves when a movie is opening, so this is a welcome change that I hope is a sign of things to come.

For retailers this is a huge improvement. I know it isn't always feasible, but I am very happy to see it in this case.

I picked up half of this wave today (Star-Lord & Yondu and Gamora & Rocket). My thoughts:

-Star-Lord is well done, especially his jacket piece. The face is a lot better than the last one, but the likeness is still a little off. Also, the hair in the helmet doesn't look right (which isn't an issue unique to this figure, but it's present none the less).

-Yondu is great too, especially the likeness and mohawk. My only issue is that his coat is a very different colour than the rest of the minimate, and it doesn't seem to be intentional.

-Gamora is my favourite so far, with one of the best likenesses and no paint issues.

-Rocket's head sculpt is fantastic, and the short legs are better than expected, but he really needs the smaller chest block. It looks so much better. Was his gun cut?

Toy-Fair-2017-DST-Marvel-021.jpg

20 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

-Rocket's head sculpt is fantastic, and the short legs are better than expected, but he really needs the smaller chest block. It looks so much better. Was his gun cut?

My Rocket came with a big honkin' gun. You shouldn't be able to miss it. 

20 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I picked up half of this wave today (Star-Lord & Yondu and Gamora & Rocket). My thoughts:

-Star-Lord is well done, especially his jacket piece. The face is a lot better than the last one, but the likeness is still a little off. Also, the hair in the helmet doesn't look right (which isn't an issue unique to this figure, but it's present none the less).

-Yondu is great too, especially the likeness and mohawk. My only issue is that his coat is a very different colour than the rest of the minimate, and it doesn't seem to be intentional.

-Gamora is my favourite so far, with one of the best likenesses and no paint issues.

The gun rocket is holding comes with tazerface and gamora is holding rockets gun, i guess whoever set that up at toyfair mixed somethings around, probably because of that scene in the trailer where gamora has that giant gun( but it's definitely not that gun)

53 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

My Rocket came with a big honkin' gun. You shouldn't be able to miss it. 

The one Gamora's holding in the toy fair picture, right? My right-handed bias meant that I couldn't get him to hold it at first, but I figured it out. And now I'm seeing that Rocket's "missing" gun comes with Taserface, so I guess whoever set up the display just gave it to the wrong character.

As great as these look together, it's making me worry about the exclusives. I really wish TRU Canada would carry minimates...

One other comment: Baby Groot is incredible, but he could stand to be a slightly darker brown.

EDIT: Thanks, FTD118!

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

My bad, I set it up without checking. Even though we show up a couple of days in advance, the work that needs to be done on the booth itself and the sheer number of products means that I usually only have time to check on the pairings I don't remember/know.

19 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

My right-handed bias meant that I couldn't get him to hold it at first

It's not bias, it's character-accurate. He is right handed in the movie. But most of the toys (especially Hasbro's) are left handed. It drives me crazy.