UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocket isn't as bad as I feared but I'm still not very impressed. Those legs are ridiculous. Groot seems awfully yellow. Star-Lord and Drax are big improvements. I never understood why they went with that chest piece on Drax the first time around; this is much better. Probably have to go back and upgrade that one. Hopefully Nebula comes with weapons this time around.

Edited by stack32

6 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

Poor Drax looks like he's dropped some serious weight!

He was bulking last series. Now he's cutting. :P

These look great. My only criticism is that all the faces are a bit... neutral? I could use a but more character/animation in the expressions. A little bit of rage from Gamora or some cheeky from Starlord.

I think that DST have made the right call with Drax. He looks heaps better without the chest cap. And Mantis looks bloody lovely.  

Oh, I thought they were shorter. D@mn.

Maybe two of Cheshire's legs? Do you have the lower image of them from the side?

Also, James Gunn revealed the Funko Pop of Ego on Facebook (I saw it on my phone, but don't currently have any way to transfer from there to here - my work computer).

Edited by TENIME_art

I'm digging Rocket. I love Mantis and I like the design for Drax's pants. I just don't like the tattoos as they look a bit light colored it's hard to make them out. Then again I don't like the design in the movie either IMO.

These mostly look pretty great.  My two complaints are holdovers from Vol 1.  Starlord's face didn't quite look like Chris Pratt to me, but it's otherwise a great looking figure.  Rocket is... different from Vol 1, but I don't know if I would say better.  I'll reserve final judgement, but my first impression is that DST just can't get Rocket right.  Everyone else looks great.  I really think Mantis is a home run.  (I hope she doesn't disappoint in the movie.). Drax looks amazing.  I may pick up multiples to update my two versions of Vol 1 Drax.

@DSTZach are there plans to ever do comic styled Guardians of the Galaxy 'mates? 

I got into the Guardians right after the Annihilation series and their spin off series that followed it and I would to see them in those uniforms. Starlords look in the Bendis comic and the mate in the 1st GOtG are pretty much the same but I'd love to see him in the blue suit as well as the others. 

13 minutes ago, Heinous said:

I'd love a comic starlord from the 2008 series. The whole team really 

I think this would be the time to do it. With how well the 1st GOtG movie did and having subsequent Animated Series on Disney XD they need some love on the comic versions. Of course I'd love a Guardians set with Vance Astro/Martinex/Yondu/Charlie-27 and a two pack of Starhawk and Nikki.

Lego sets have been unveiled for GotGv2 - Nothing too unusual to report, but we've gottena  glipse of what Ayesha might look like as a minifigure. 

LEGO_GOTG_Vol2_76080_Ayeshas_Revenge_02_

Also - that new Milano looks nice. I love that it comes with the pink squid/worm/alien thing from the control art. 

More pics here.