UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

14 hours ago, TBT! said:

We'll I'm happy there'll be a full size(ish) Rocket figure & that DST listened.
It must be hard when people complain you don't do something then when you do it, complain it's not the same as it was before.

T.

Who are these "people?" That's the problem with making blanket statements like this. Who are these people who changed their mind for the purpose of complaining? Names. I've always preferred the non-articulated figures for smaller characters and I've always said as much. I haven't changed my stance.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, TBT! said:

We'll I'm happy there'll be a full size(ish) Rocket figure & that DST listened.
It must be hard when people complain you don't do something then when you do it, complain it's not the same as it was before.

T.

There were people that were adamant about it being made one way or the other so of course there would also be complaints about it being articulated now.  

I prefer the original non-articulated Rockets because they are more in scale.  I would be perfectly fine with an articulated Rocket if the proportions didn't look so off.

Edited by MisterMiracle

obviously without seeing what it will actually look like, when I think of an artulated rocket, I would have it so you have the length of legs they seem to have went with and then just standard minimate feet to provide a little extra and make the arms not seem so big

TBT meant people. All people. We didn't make a list of names, where those people changed their minds. We responded to a sizable number of voices, as well as the logistical requirements of the line this time around, and made a bigger Rocket. Now the same overall group of fans (albeit different individuals) is giving voice to an opposing set of concerns. The only difference is THESE voices already got what they want once. Twice.

Silhouette is not final. Arms are shorter I believe. I'll keep you posted.

I think board-member 'Wernher von Braun'* voiced that we have a bigger Rocket .

Wernher ?  Nice guy....short fuse & often goes ballistic .  Loves parties but never a party member .  Allegedly .

BTW ( BHM's friendly old guy advice/ WARNING) ..........don't get on any list of names........ ever .      

If you do keep you head down & wear a red coat.

Edited by buttheadsmate

On 10/24/2016 at 5:55 AM, bigvis497 said:

Who are these "people?" That's the problem with making blanket statements like this. Who are these people who changed their mind for the purpose of complaining? Names. I've always preferred the non-articulated figures for smaller characters and I've always said as much. I haven't changed my stance.

Calm your britches there, no one was specifically talking about you, despite what you might think, you're not as important or central to this topic as you believe you are. ;)

Was it a Blanket statement yes, intentionally so. I honestly didn't expect to ruffle feathers with that comment, it was simply a damned if they do or damned if they don't response, sharing my sympathy for Zach as some of us who've been fans of Rocket for many years were pretty vocal about wanting a proper minimate Rocket & disappointment at the pack-in version.

T.

On 10/26/2016 at 9:01 AM, MisterPL said:

First Brexit. Then the presidential election. Now we can't get Rockets in a consistent size.

These truly are the end times.

Not to mention 2016's rash of dead celebrities. But the way this world's going they got out just in time. 

• 1 month later...

Am I wrong in thinking the wait between wave 69 (12/14/2016) and this wave (probably some time in May, based on other moviemates) seems unusually long? Maybe DST's going to try to get the minimates in store ahead of the movie this time?

Since the Wolverine wave is supposed to tie in to Logan (March), wouldn't it make sense for that to come out first?

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

So with the Marvel Legends figures being shown on the 9th,

Spoiler

In addition to the movie-accurate designs for Star-Lord, Drax, and Yondu, it also has Angela, Vance Astro, Nova, Darkhawk, and Titus.

I'm starting to think we are going to really have a great set of Minimates coming!

13 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Still not sure why you would expect a random assortment of galactic characters to hit with or after the GOTG series, although it's certainly a neat formula Legends has hit upon. But I like our more film-focused approach.

Trying not to be negative, but only stating a fact here... This formula is what has been pushing me away from minimates. If it wasn't for the muppets and NBX and the excitement that Elf brings for me, I may have stopped the hobby altogether at this point.  I wish there were more comic companion waves to all the movie stuff ( i am not factoring in anything like cost and schedule, or anything else, in case anyone felt like challenging me with stats/numbers/buyers/etc... This is only based on me liking comic versions way better than movie versions of 99% of the characters)

18 minutes ago, Nervous Rex said:

Trying not to be negative, but only stating a fact here... This formula is what has been pushing me away from minimates. If it wasn't for the muppets and NBX and the excitement that Elf brings for me, I may have stopped the hobby altogether at this point.  I wish there were more comic companion waves to all the movie stuff ( i am not factoring in anything like cost and schedule, or anything else, in case anyone felt like challenging me with stats/numbers/buyers/etc... This is only based on me liking comic versions way better than movie versions of 99% of the characters)

I agree with you in theory, Nerv, though I have a hard time backing you up right now since we just got the Giant Size X-Men wave and have the Black Knight wave shipping this week.  I don't think that mixing movie and comic characters together the way Hasbro has done would work for Minimates, but I do hope we continue to see a better spacing between movie and comics releases.  I wonder if breaking up the movie and comics waves up between TRU and comics shops would make sense?  It's not like they usually ship together, or are usually on shelves when the movies are out, so why not have a comics wave arriving at one location while a movie wave is arriving at the other?

18 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Still not sure why you would expect a random assortment of galactic characters to hit with or after the GOTG series, although it's certainly a neat formula Legends has hit upon. But I like our more film-focused approach.

Since I am not paying attention to the film spoilers and the Mates are still not visible I was just hoping. I've been on a Vance Astro kick for almost a decade now.