UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sorry people are disappointed. In the name of scale, variety and fan demand, we went this route. I suppose we could have just painted the old micro-figure blue, but I'm glad we didn't.

And people who wanted a poseable Rocket and didn't get one the first two times had more reason to be disappointed than people who've got what they wanted twice already, but feel how you gotta feel. No need to call anyone a whiner.

Edited by DSTZach

This line up sounds good to me.  I'm 100% for articulated Rocket.  The legs seem a bit short, but I can't really judge it based on just a silhouette.  At any rate, nice looking trailer, and wave looks to be hitting all of the sweet spots for me.  Hoorah.

27 minutes ago, FightTheDead118 said:

Hey zach, will groot be normal tree patern or have his tiny ravanger jacket, also will the detail be like the microfigs, or more like the original rocket

I believe it's tree Groot.

But how is the original Rocket different from other micro-figures?  I believe Groot'lll have Minimate detailing like Rocket, Robin, Snarf, Twiki, etc.

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Drax/Nebula at TRU. Yes, Yondu has an arrow and holster. Yes, Rocket's legs are that short, and his arms are long to work his large weapon.

Wow, I thought that was just goof with the Rocket image.  A strange choice for the legs, seems to me DST should just take the plunge and use either regular child legs or arm legs, like Howard.  Is there any chance for swap out alternate legs for either look?

Thanks for clarifying on Yondu, but what about Nebula, does she get her baton weapons this time?

19 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I think the silhouette shows that there's some sculpted detail there.

I can see the sculpt, i meant is the paint detail just one solid color with a little face like potted groot or nothing like the antman figs, or fully detailed out like gotg 1 rocket, I probably didn't word it too well

Edited by FightTheDead118

1 hour ago, youbastards said:

Wow, I thought that was just goof with the Rocket image.  A strange choice for the legs, seems to me DST should just take the plunge and use either regular child legs or arm legs, like Howard.  Is there any chance for swap out alternate legs for either look?

Thanks for clarifying on Yondu, but what about Nebula, does she get her baton weapons this time?

I'd say if she isn't using that weapon in the movie, then no 

7 hours ago, FightTheDead118 said:

Wait, does rocket have the same legs as mr krabs, they look the same length, they don't have feet that so i don't know 

The tweedle dee/dum legs come with feet so i would say they are more likely 

13 hours ago, youbastards said:

They were chosen to more closely reflect his height, not sure why a plunge is necessary. No bonus parts included. Looks like his arms may end up being child arms, so hopefully that gels the look for you.

13 hours ago, youbastards said:

No, something else.

13 hours ago, FightTheDead118 said:

I can see the sculpt, i meant is the paint detail just one solid color with a little face like potted groot or nothing like the antman figs, or fully detailed out like gotg 1 rocket, I probably didn't word it too well

Solid color, no clothes, printed face.

I've never understood why an articulated Rocket is so hard. Not just for Minimates, but for toys in general. There's virtually no articulated Rockets. The new animated line has one and it caused me to buy the whole line just because I was like, cool, finally a Rocket who can move his legs.

So I applaud DST for making an articulated RR. It's about time!

I decided to do a free sticker kit for this series for any orders of 2 full sets of 8 or full custom cases. I had a lot of fun making a few stickers for the first Guardians movie, and I am guessing that the 2nd movie will have opportunities for alternate looks and additional characters. :) 

On 10/19/2016 at 7:57 PM, DSTZach said:

Well, sorry people are disappointed. In the name of scale, variety and fan demand, we went this route. I suppose we could have just painted the old micro-figure blue, but I'm glad we didn't.

And people who wanted a poseable Rocket and didn't get one the first two times had more reason to be disappointed than people who've got what they wanted twice already, but feel how you gotta feel. No need to call anyone a whiner.

Yeah!  Eat it, micro Rocket fans!

ar.gif