UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 71 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (TBA)

youbastards

gotgv2.jpg

GotG-2-concept-art-LARGE-1.jpg

192.jpg

Zach confirmed that Marvel Wave 71 is GotG2, and there will be a TRU tie-in wave.

Here are the known* characters in Vol.2 (*per promo materials or IMDB)

- Starlord

- Gamora

- Rocket

- Groot

- Drax

- Nebula

- Yondu

- Mantis

- Ego 

- Sylvester Stallone's Character?

- Sharon Stone's Character?

- Simon Williams

- Nova Prime

- Ayesha/Kismet/Her

- Taserface

- Tullk

- Kraglin

Will any of these characters that didn't get Minimates from GotG1 return?  Gunn has already stated that Thanos and the Gems aren't appearing this time. 

- Howard the Duck

- The Collector

- Cosmo

Will there be an Army Builder this time around?

Assuming that TRU only has one 2-pack of exclusive characters, there isn't a lot of wiggle room to fit both the known "stars" and any surprise or new characters, so any army builders will be taking up core spots.

Here are my guesses for Series 71 and I'm calling it now, We are getting an articulated Rocket (ala Walgreen's Itsy Bitsy Spidey) this time around and Groot will be the unarticulated minifig in this assortment!

- Starlord/Gamora (shared with TRU)

- Drax/Rocket with mini-Groot (shared with TRU)

- Ego/Yondu

- Stallone/Ayesha

- TRU Exclusive pack: Nebula/Mantis

These pairings keep all of the main characters at TRU (something that DST was criticized on with GotG1), moves Yondu who was a former TRU exclusive to the LCS assortment, moves Nebula (another former LCS exclusive) to TRU and pairs her with Mantis to give a double dose of "girl power!" to former critics.

ItsyBitsySpidey.jpg

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the Nathan Fillion/Wonder Man thing is just a movie poster in the background. I don't think he's actually a character in the movie. At least from what I've seen and read so far. I could be wrong and pleasantly surprised when it comes out.

Also IMDB is less reliable than wikipedia when it comes to accuracy on these things. Its all speculation until the movie actually comes out and anyone can edit/add to entries. Though IMDB requires a paid account I think.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

1 hour ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

We already got Yondu. I'd say unless he has a more significant role and different look, he'll be passed over for someone new. Like the rumored

Hide contents

father of Star Lord, Kurt Russell

its not a rumor anymore, Kurt has been confirmed by James Gunn to be playing starlords Dad Ego the living planet

Edited by Mattallica

5 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

We already got Yondu. I'd say unless he has a more significant role and different look, he'll be passed over for someone new. Like the rumored

Hide contents

father of Star Lord, Kurt Russell

Yeah but yondu, has his comic mohawk now, plus he was a tru exclusive the first time round, so i think he warrants an upgrade 

I'm just hoping there's accurate reference material available in time so that the figures are fairly accurate to their movie appearance and don't look rushed (I'm looking at you MK 3 War Machine). I love MCU 'mates but a lot of them the last few years have been pretty lackluster.

Also, I hope we get a not fat Drax. The chest cover on the last one was pretty awful.

22 minutes ago, stack32 said:

(I'm looking at you MK 3 War Machine)

I'm not sure that was a case of "no accurate source material" and more that DST wanted to reuse the Mk II molds. I could be wrong about that though.

I can't see us getting much information about this wave until March-ish.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm not sure that was a case of "no accurate source material" and more that DST wanted to reuse the Mk II molds. I could be wrong about that though.

I can't see us getting much information about this wave until March-ish.

In one of the Ask DSTs there was a question on this and Chuck heavily implied that decision had to do with reference and not budget for new parts. Hard to say since the results look the same either way.

Yeah, Chuck has always said that the cost of tooling new parts does not play a role, but if we don't have the proper reference at the time we have to start seeking concept approvals in order to meet a manufacturing date, then old reference is better than none. 

You'll see a lineup and silhouettes later this month, for specialty. Actual photos are embargoed.