UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ask Zach

Heinous

On 8/17/2017 at 6:33 AM, Mirymate said:

I gotta question... Can we get more control art, please sir? For current waves... upcoming waves... relatively recent waves... used to love to see that.

Funnily enough I was coming to this thread to try my luck to get zack to share the Alice in wonderland control art.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Kotter Comics said:

On the topic of concept art...  As I'm (relatively) new to the forum, this question may have already been asked and answered.  But if not, Zach was there any concept art made for unreleased DC Minimates characters?  And, if so, is it possible to share it?  Thanks.

I don't have any, but I'm fairly certain Matt Cauley has most of his DC Minimates design work up on his website, and that might include unproduced stuff, he's probably even made some customs of them.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

I don't have any, but I'm fairly certain Matt Cauley has most of his DC Minimates design work up on his website, and that might include unproduced stuff, he's probably even made some customs of them.

He does not.
Matt's been remarkably tight lipped about what was on the drawing board for DC minimates.
Of course, I haven't asked him about it in years because in some level, I don't want to know.

As to whether you can take his DC customs as evidence... well... that's open to interpretation. He posts to the Facebook MMMV group semi-regularly.

We got a lot too fast. I remember those first four waves being delayed at first and then released a couple months apart from each other. It was a tsunami of plastic crack that gave retailers very little time to sell. DC Direct also put an awful lot of heavy hitters right in that first assortment when one or two would have been enough to anchor a series.

Great Minimates though.

On 31/08/2017 at 10:42 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

Zach and Chuck have both said we aren't getting MvC:I minimates, sadly.

Oh well that's that, then.

Too bad, but with the TMNT 'Mates cancelled, no chance of a Buffy line and no more MvC ones. I guess I'm done with 'Mates :/.

18 hours ago, TheAnvil said:

Oh well that's that, then.

Too bad, but with the TMNT 'Mates cancelled, no chance of a Buffy line and no more MvC ones. I guess I'm done with 'Mates :/.

So the only lines you have ever collected have been TMNT and MVC? Since Buffy Mates have never been even a remote possibility? Or were there other lines that ended/you gave up?

No interest in Kingdom Hearts? X-Files?

Just based on your interests, I'm willing to bet we introduce something for 2018 that gets your attention, but I guess we'll see. 

I haven't heard the go signal for MM yet, but new 7" figures are in the works. It's certainly far more likely than Buffy or MvCi, two licenses we do not have, and could be something for someone to hold out hope for if we had absolutely nothing else that was of interest, as unlikely as that may seem.

Edited by DSTZach

That new Amazon series. The Tick, looks like it would make mighty fine Minimates. :yes:  

Zach, as we all know, there were some cool movie 4-packs made over the last several years. Platoon, The Man with No Name, Silence of the Lambs...  Is that the kind of thing that we might get more of?

20 hours ago, Shanester said:

That new Amazon series. The Tick, looks like it would make mighty fine Minimates. :yes:  

Zach, as we all know, there were some cool movie 4-packs made over the last several years. Platoon, The Man with No Name, Silence of the Lambs...  Is that the kind of thing that we might get more of?

I'll take any version of the Tick -- cartoon, comic, Warburton -- but we'll have to Ask DST, because no plans I know of.

Most of the cool movie packs we've gotten have been part of library deals, where we license a group of older films from a studio. A lot of those were from an MGM deal, just like now we have the Warner Bros. deal for Beetlejuice, Elf, Caddyshack, Vacation, Iron Giant, Forbidden Planet and Watchmen. Most have gotten four-packs or two-packs so far. Fingers crossed for Caddyshack or Vacation, but that merch has not performed as well so far.

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

hey Zach,

any chance you guys are working on Preacher minimates from the AMC series?

its pretty comic faithful and could be lots of fun, Humper du!

Another Ask DST -- no plans I am aware of, and I'm not sure what other products we'd do besides Minimates now that action figures are taken. Vinimates, I guess. Bust banks? Fuck Communism lighter? Angel phone replica? Unlikely, IMHO, but who knows.