Heinous

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I can't believe I"m sympathetic for Steve now.

Billy is creepy, mean and abusive, although I haven't finished the season. Why would I vote for him?

Steve was a Good Boy even in S1. By the end of it he had already cut ties with his asshole friends and bought Jonathan a new camera. 

As for Billy, well... he has the Natty aesthetic.

billy-shirtless-2.gif

Besides, he has potential to grow. His dad ain't exactly great... You'll see. Oh, and skip Ep7. Just... just do it... at best fast-forward it.

His dad calls him a 

Spoiler

faggot (excuse the word, but that was what he said) for checking himself out in the mirror while preparing for a date. Some are theorizing that he's a closeted Bi dude who's overcompensating.

Natty Aesthetic is the look of someone who's buff, but it's natural. It's just lifting and a good diet, not roids. Billy's an asshole, but from that scene you kinda see the reason behind it. He can be redeemed next season, especially if we learn more about his home life.

Steve's still the undeniable Best Boy though.

harrington.gif?w=802&h=401&quality=80&st

Edited by Kostisfire

4 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I cannot even begin to answer this question. I wouldn't want us to do Battle Droids ever, I hate them. The look of them, their sub-Stormtrooper incompetence, their worthlessness in the face of Super Battle Droids and Droideka...

i knew i liked you zach, 

i HATE battle droids myself. that being said i really do like episode 1. not so much the other 2 

4 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I am in the middle of season 2, and really like it; not sure about Chuck. I don't think it's something he's interested in, though, as he has been surprised by other companies going after the license. The show is about environments and evil forces as much as it is about people and the odd monster. I think they'd be great Minimates, but not sure how well they'd do. I don't know what viewership is, in spite of all the promotion, and it's a lot of civilians.PLus, what other products would we do?Tumblers? PVC Dioramas? Banks?

2 minimate 4 packs, 7" selects ( even though mcfarlane pretty much has that now ) and sure cups and other stuff like that. target has a whole section of stranger things stuff and it cant stay stocked. 

17 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Why was Venom chosen to be the one non-F4/costume variant Best Of minimate not be reissued in the Greatest Hits waves?

Most of the characters had a logical counterpart, and someone had to get cut.

Spidey/GG - Spidey was necessary, although we could have replaced GG with Venom, I suppose.

WOlverine/Sabretooth - Movie star, necessary, w/foe

THor/Loki - Movie stars, necessary

Iron Man/Hulk - Movie stars, necessary

Punisher/DD - TV stars, better pairing than DD/Venom, and splits up Punisher/Deadpool superteam

Ant-Man/Hawkeye - Movie stars

Luke Cage/Iron Fist - TV stars

Deadpool/Cap - top seller/necessary character, tenuous connection

Kingdom Hearts:
Will we get Minimates of Riku, Kairi, Ansem, Cloud, Sephiroth, Leon (Squall), Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, Cid, Auron, Namine, or any of the Organization XIII members? Those seem more important than all of the Donalds, Goofy's, and Mickeys we're getting.

1 hour ago, Dio said:

Kingdom Hearts:
Will we get Minimates of Riku, Kairi, Ansem, Cloud, Sephiroth, Leon (Squall), Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, Cid, Auron, Namine, or any of the Organization XIII members? Those seem more important than all of the Donalds, Goofy's, and Mickeys we're getting.

I mean, obviously you want more characters, but those are main characters, and they wear different outfits in different worlds, and different games. And with a tooling-heavy series like this -- lots of new bodies, new outfits, etc., You need to make the parts you're tooling go farther -- you can't tool an infinite number of parts to make a single wave, or the profit margin goes out the window. (Tooling is expensive.) Hence a couple figures using the Donald parts, and the Mickey parts, and Sora. There are other characters planned, but for future waves, where additional tooling is possible, on top of the parts already tooled.

Pretty sure other Organization 13 members were planned at one point, I forget what the current breakdown is, but I do not know what our Final Fantasy rights are.

Hey Zach, 

Maybe you aren't the right person to ask but I was curious. I noticed that the actual cable network shows don't really get merchandise, AOS, Agent Carter and now (unfortunately for me) Inhumans. Nothing from Diamond, Hasbro or otherwise besides a couple pops. Is there any particular reason for this? Just Marvel not pushing out a license for it? On the same token, with the shows on Netflix getting merchandise, where does that leave Runaways as a Hulu exclusive, is there potential for that? Definitely wouldn't mind getting some Runaways mates and Inhumans please lol. Thanks in advance. 

• 7 months later...

Zach do you guys ever think of reusing accessories from earlier in the line? I picked up a wave 17 (SM3) transforming venom and those parts would be cool to include in a future venom/Eddie Brock release. I don't have it but the Peter ripping the symbiote off would be a cool accessory too. Are these available re-release are they kinda like the MS license where you can only release when you have the rights to the, say, Spiderman 3 lisence? 

On 11/21/2017 at 3:59 AM, IntegrityRise said:

Hey Zach, 

Maybe you aren't the right person to ask but I was curious. I noticed that the actual cable network shows don't really get merchandise, AOS, Agent Carter and now (unfortunately for me) Inhumans. Nothing from Diamond, Hasbro or otherwise besides a couple pops. Is there any particular reason for this? Just Marvel not pushing out a license for it? On the same token, with the shows on Netflix getting merchandise, where does that leave Runaways as a Hulu exclusive, is there potential for that? Definitely wouldn't mind getting some Runaways mates and Inhumans please lol. Thanks in advance. 

Sorry I missed this, this seems like an Ask DST (Ask Chuck) question. I assume it's because they're not part of our existing license, and have to be licensed individually, but I could be wrong. And if so, it has to have some pretty hot buzz (or high viewership) for us to commit to multiple categories (can't be just Minimates) for a TV show, especially one that is mostly or all civilians. 

On 7/14/2018 at 3:34 PM, Heinous said:

Zach do you guys ever think of reusing accessories from earlier in the line? I picked up a wave 17 (SM3) transforming venom and those parts would be cool to include in a future venom/Eddie Brock release. I don't have it but the Peter ripping the symbiote off would be a cool accessory too. Are these available re-release are they kinda like the MS license where you can only release when you have the rights to the, say, Spiderman 3 lisence? 

I don't believe non-costume-specific pieces would be restricted like that, especially when it's the same character, but maybe Ask DST? Sometimes, the old tooling is simply not available any more, and retooling it is not possible due to space in the tool. 

On 7/17/2018 at 4:01 PM, TENIME_art said:

Zach,

What is your favorite breakfast cereal, and what are your "must-have" hot dog and/or hamburger toppings?

1. Probably frosted flakes, or any frosted variation on a flake or cluster.  

2. Bacon and bacon. ALso, onions and pickles/relish. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2018 at 1:56 PM, hellpop said:

Did you ever get home, Zach?

Still in Chicago. Made tent near Cinnabon. Hoping to get home for NYCC.

21 hours ago, elmeaux said:

Hi Zach,
Are one-off promotional Minimates like Goth Girl something Diamond will still produce? 

I suppose if the right project came up. Not something we just do on an a la carte basis. That had a personal connection, obviously. 

• 5 weeks later...