UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ask Zach

Heinous

I think there was a thread before the board got erased, though I think it was a joke thread. But I had a serious question for him so I figured I'd restart the thread

how many Minimates/select figures do you hang on to? You seem to get samples of everything, you can't possibly hold on to everything can you? 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/12/2016 at 9:57 PM, Heinous said:

I think there was a thread before the board got erased, though I think it was a joke thread. But I had a serious question for him so I figured I'd restart the thread

how many Minimates/select figures do you hang on to? You seem to get samples of everything, you can't possibly hold on to everything can you? 

I hang on to most of it. Sometimes I donate a replacement piece if it's needed for a customer if we run out, or if we lose the factory-supplied spare parts. But I have boxes in my office, in my closet, on my porch and in my shed. I like to have them if I want to do a photo shoot with multiple characters from multiple series, or if I need to refer to something. My wife is understanding, for the most part. Most were early paint samples, so I bet some are slightly different.

On 10/12/2016 at 10:24 PM, Gmonkey2k said:

Favorite Minimate?

Tough one. Maybe the mini-Zach youbastards made for me. Production-wise, maybe MODOK.

On 10/12/2016 at 10:51 PM, hellpop said:

We lost this thread? Damn, that was great.

Okay, let's see... if you hadn't gotten into the toy industry, what do you think you'd be doing now?  Professionally that is.

I don't know. I have few skills. Maybe blogging for an entertainment site, which I did for a few years between toy gigs (it went under), or maybe copy-editing for an dull non-toy publication.

On 10/12/2016 at 11:24 PM, cylonchaney said:

Did you really say it before? Will you really say it again? Does HELLPOP GET IT?

Most of the time!

23 hours ago, Shanester said:

What happened to all the toys, especially the Megos, featured in Toyfare?

I have no idea. The warehouse was cleaned out and sold, and I THINK the Megos went to the new NYC office for more shoots, but I don't know where they went after that, or what happened to all of our DST figures or Minimates.

14 hours ago, homestar17 said:

What would be your ultimate Halloween costume?

I have been most of them: Wolverine, Leon The Professional, Kraven the Hunter, Jesus from The Big Lebowski... To do certain costumes, I would need to look fundamentally different. Like, say, Jack Burton or the Road Warrior. But I'd like to play Snape before I die.

12 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Do wop a do or shamma lama ding dong?

Mahna Mahna.

8 minutes ago, hellpop said:

You'd make a good Snape.

What's your favorite book, fiction and nonfiction?

Thanks? <_<

Fiction, probably one of the Terry Pratchett Discworld books with Moist Von Lipwick, or maybe the first Dirk Gently book by Douglas Adams, or maybe the Caves of Steel by Asimov. Hard to say. Rarely do I sit down and read a book I've already read AGAIN. I'd rather read something new, you know?

Nonfiction... uh... have I read any? I'm sure I have. I MUST have. It's been a while.

4 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

What's your favourite colour?

Purple.

2 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

If you could be best friends with any comic book character, who would it be and why?

Jughead Jones, because we'd just eat hamburgers. If you haven't read the new Archie and Jughead series, I recommend them.

1 hour ago, bzorio said:

If you could choose any license to produce Minimates, what would be your top 3 and because of which characters?

1. Harry Potter, because of everybody, although I would try to include things like centaurs and thestrals and hippogriffs.

2. Hellboy movie or comic, because of Hellboy, there are so many great variations. Plus, Liz Sherman flame effects!

3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, because of the Black Knight (body parts are already removable), the three-headed giant (he's three, three, three Minimates in one!) and Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film.

There are plenty of one-off nostalgic movies that I could pick: Big Trouble in Little China, Labyrinth, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, etc., but I don;t think they have as much potential. And obviously Indiana Jones and Star Wars would offer large worlds and I think do well, but they're easy answers. Of course they'd be great to do. G.I. Joe would be great, as well, I grew up on that more than Star Wars or He-Man, but I don;t know how it would do.

Edited by DSTZach

I remember Chuck responding to a question about Harry Potter in a mailbag a couple years ago by saying he thought the time for HP had passed, but I think it's pretty evergreen.

Okay, a question.  I saw this one in a mailbag the other day: if you were to have your voice replaced by any cartoon character, whose would you choose?

Glad to see this thread back! Anyway, here's mine (no, it's not about Moon Knight): You wake up and find out you're a mutant. Sentinels are human soldiers with special equipment to track down genetic anomalies, but they don't patrol the streets yet. However, there are mob lynchings and constant hate crimes. What do you do? The options are:

1) Join Xavier's school.

2) Join Magneto's Brotherhood.

3) Take the cure.

PS: Your power can be obtained here: http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%3A%2F%2Fpowerlisting.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FSpecial%3ARandom&t=NTIwOWVmY2NmNmEwYTU5ODJmMjVkZWRmMTViMjFkMmFhNGM4NWIxNiw5RjBVdzNRWg%3D%3D&b=t%3A-MtWE-iV2YL4e0a9WN2Www&m=1