UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 72: Logan's Legacy (?)

Gmonkey2k

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look amazing. The redos are great, and Deathstrike was especially needed. Between her and 68, DST's done a good job of updating old X-Men 'mates.

Personally, I'm most excited for Silver Samurai. In the press release, there was no mention of him being a variant, which makes me hopeful.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I wonder if the Wolverines have clawless hands.

I wonder the same.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Samurai is not a chase figure, or at least he is not rare. A regular case is 4-4-2-2, with the Hand sets being 2 of each.

And there will not be clawless hands with Weapon X or Wolverine as far as I know.

How come Wolverine doesn't come with clawless hands anymore?  I think if any Wolverine figure needs a set of clawless hands, it would be the Weapon X Wolverine.

This wave is just knocking my socks off. And a few of my 'Top 10 most wanted figures' too. 
And I am loving the clever re-use of some of the parts. The Rictor shoulder pads are a fantastic way to create Silver Samurai.
And while she was once of my favourite early figures, i will very happily retire Lady Bananafingers and replace her with the beaut of a new figure.

You've got the mix right with this one DST. Women. Villains. Much wanted (and *very* different) alternate look for top tier hero. This is the stuff that keeps me coming back. 

3 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

How come Wolverine doesn't come with clawless hands anymore?  I think if any Wolverine figure needs a set of clawless hands, it would be the Weapon X Wolverine.

Ask DST! (I did once already but all I got was essentially "I'll look into it." Maybe by now Chuck has a more enlightening response.)

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, JediJohnson said:

Which claws are being used for Wolverine?  The soft pointy original ones or the blade-like slightly harder ones that didn't bend as easily?

All my comic Wolvies use the same claws, and I only have the most recent ones. So I'd guess the ones used by the BO 1, 60, 64, 68, and the DoFP box set (maybe TRU 19 and 21 too).

I just noticed we've been getting comic Wolverines every four waves: 60, 64, 68, and the next ones will be in 72. Unfortunately, that's as far back as the pattern goes, but I thought it was interesting.

On 12/21/2016 at 6:29 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

A Shi'ar-themed wave would be my top choice for the next X-wave.

I'd be all kinds of cut if we got Corsair and not all the star jammers. A Shi'ar themed wave would probably need two waves or substantial TRU Tie-in.

For my money (and i'm sure it's seen as a bit unreasonable) we'd need Lilandra, Deathbird, Shi'ar troopers, Gladiator, Corsair, Hepzibah, Ch'od, Raza and maybe a D'ken.
That's already 8 - 9 figures. And with no heavy hitters to tie the wave to, that's a big ask.
Perhaps a Starjammers wave and a Shi'ar wave? The Shi'ar wave could have Wolverine in fang costume, with alt Fang head to help make it a more sellable wave?
Deathbird and Shi'ar Trooper
Lilandra and Shi'ar Trooper
Gladiator and Dark Phoenix
Fang Wolverine and D'Ken/Oracle/Manta/Hussar/insert imperial guard here?

Cosair and Binary
Hepzibah (with big and small hair) and Cyclops
Raza and Mini-skirt Jean Grey
Ch'od and Erik the Red

huh - look at that! What started as a normal post became yet another rambling wish-list. 

18 minutes ago, Nessex said:

I'd be all kinds of cut if we got Corsair and not all the star jammers. A Shi'ar themed wave would probably need two waves or substantial TRU Tie-in.

For my money (and i'm sure it's seen as a bit unreasonable) we'd need Lilandra, Deathbird, Shi'ar troopers, Gladiator, Corsair, Hepzibah, Ch'od, Raza and maybe a D'ken.
That's already 8 - 9 figures. And with no heavy hitters to tie the wave to, that's a big ask.
Perhaps a Starjammers wave and a Shi'ar wave? The Shi'ar wave could have Wolverine in fang costume, with alt Fang head to help make it a more sellable wave?
Deathbird and Shi'ar Trooper
Lilandra and Shi'ar Trooper
Gladiator and Dark Phoenix
Fang Wolverine and D'Ken/Oracle/Manta/Hussar/insert imperial guard here?

Cosair and Binary
Hepzibah (with big and small hair) and Cyclops
Raza and Mini-skirt Jean Grey
Ch'od and Erik the Red

huh - look at that! What started as a normal post became yet another rambling wish-list. 

That first wave is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. The Starjammers would be great too, but I can't really see a whole wave being devoted to them, and I wouldn't want to see them unfinished.