UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 72: Logan's Legacy (?)

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

That's the first I've ever seen of that ToyBiz Mojoverse set and I've seen almost everything. I'm guessing this would have been weird repaints like a silver Longshot, Green Quark, etc. It probably would have been a KayBee or FAO Schwartz exclusive.

ToyBiz did make Spiral in late 95/early 96, a rare female contribution to the line. She was released a year after Longshot, Shatterstar, Mojo and Quark or else she probably would have been included in this set.

If I can find a complete list, I'd like to to go through all of the old ToyBiz lines and see who we're missing as Minimates... 

I have gone through http://www.marveltoys.net/ every now and then but I haven't ever done a serious list because then my heart would hurt. That line was so great and it had Medusa, Grey Black Widow, most of Gen X, and most importantly 60's Jean. If only it had a Crystal it would have been perfect.

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I have gone through http://www.marveltoys.net/ every now and then but I haven't ever done a serious list because then my heart would hurt. That line was so great and it had Medusa, Grey Black Widow, most of Gen X, and most importantly 60's Jean. If only it had a Crystal it would have been perfect.

It's extremely difficult due to all the variants and retailer exclusives. The scale continued well into the late nineties long after the popularity died down. They made a ton of female figures as Puzzle Zoo (remember them?) exclusives. They were pretty lazy repaints, but we got stuff like X-Factor Wolfsbane, Shanna and Marvel Girl. I wanna say they got to Crystal eventually but I can't recall with 100% certainty. The line had some unique stuff but you also have to remember they did classic Marvel no favors. For example, I don't think they ever did a decent Cap, Thor or Hulk.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:00 AM, bigvis497 said:

I have an excel file for all the modern stuff but not the classic ToyBiz (I sold all of them ages ago).

Toys were so different back then. On one hand it was cool to get so many oddball characters, on the other hand it was frustrating to have Tusk of the Dark Riders, Kylun and multiple versions of Garrison Kane but no proper Jean Grey or anything pre-Jim Lee.

Yeah, I appreciated the diversity. Like MiniMates, in that the line(s) were a mix of up-to-the-second editorial, animated series, and classics.

My interest in Marvel toys goes all the way back to the Megos I had when I was very young, but Secret Wars hit at the peak of my young toy collecting. So of course, as my sig suggests, I'm still holding out for a Constrictor to finish that lineup.

But I'm getting off-topic: This Wolverine series is awesome and I'm psyched. I think the only specifically Wolvie character left that I'd really like to see is Wendigo. Which could be considered an army builder.

19 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

It's extremely difficult due to all the variants and retailer exclusives. The scale continued well into the late nineties long after the popularity died down. They made a ton of female figures as Puzzle Zoo (remember them?) exclusives. They were pretty lazy repaints, but we got stuff like X-Factor Wolfsbane, Shanna and Marvel Girl. I wanna say they got to Crystal eventually but I can't recall with 100% certainty. The line had some unique stuff but you also have to remember they did classic Marvel no favors. For example, I don't think they ever did a decent Cap, Thor or Hulk.

They did not make a Crystal. As probably Crystal's number one fan this is a real sore subject. Especially when a Squirrel Girl gets a figure or a Deathstrike gets a redo. I know it is silly but we all have our favourites. 

20 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

Not to veer too far off topic, but Toy Biz made some dope classic marvel figs, too. The Hulk cartoon line yielded a few great Hulk figs. And, there was a great Cap and Bucky two pack released. I loved the toy biz line. ❤️

6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

They did not make a Crystal. As probably Crystal's number one fan this is a real sore subject. Especially when a Squirrel Girl gets a figure or a Deathstrike gets a redo. I know it is silly but we all have our favourites. 

If DST makes a Crystal mate for the Inhumans movie or just in general all is forgiven... Just saying.

Crystal has been overlooked now in 43 years of Marvel action figures, if you go back to Mego's first offerings in 1973. (Crystal was introduced as a character in 1965)

I think with Agents of SHIELD at least paying lip service to the concept of Inhumans, the royal family is a bit overdue in MiniMate format, especially since we already have their pet dog. They're "kind of a big deal." (Ron Burgundy should play Karnak)

Im-kind-of-a-big-deal.gif

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

You ain't gonna get yer Crystal until I get my ANAD/NOW! Moon Knight! A book that is currently outselling Uncanny X-Men, Daredevil, Punisher and Captain America: Sam Wilson, among others. Just an FYI...

Kidding aside, I'd love a Crystal but I'd rather see her in her ANAD costume. The short hair/jacket combo really works with her colour scheme.

Edited by Kostisfire

5 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

You ain't gonna get yer Crystal until I get my ANAD/NOW! Moon Knight! A book that is currently outselling Uncanny X-Men, Daredevil, Punisher and Captain America: Sam Wilson, among others. Just an FYI...

Kidding aside, I'd love a Crystal but I'd rather see her in her ANAD costume. The short hair/jacket combo really works with her colour scheme.

Ahhh god no, classic Kirby all the way.

The "Logan" movie trailer dropped this morning. I'm kinda bummed now that we don't seem to be getting a movie wave. Even though this wave is awesome there are some really cool looks in the trailer. Old man Charles, the little girl (X-23 most likely) and her rainbow shirt, the bad guys (who I won't name for fear of spoilers). Hell I'd take a 4-pack with Charles, Logan, the girl and the main bad guy. Someone get on that for SDCC or something.

Anyway, I really like this wave. I can put Mojo and Spiral in with the GotG baddies. And I'll be looking for extras of that VR helmet Weapon X for the accessories.

12 hours ago, Heinous said:

That costume is OK, but it'd piss so many people off if they made that before they made the classic 

They aren't that different. I'd forgive if they gave us both hair styles.

55d4e38a5674b.jpgcrystal.gif

Also, this Wolverine movie looks great. Can't wait for these mates!