UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 72: Logan's Legacy (?)


Gmonkey2k
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wolvie's arrow shirt is a separate piece, shirtless Wolverine underneath. It's been a while since Danger Room Wolverine.

Spiral has the same rig as Six-Armed Spidey, plus two swords.

I don't think Samurai is going to be one per case, but I'll keep you posted.

I don't believe Warpath is on the plan for next year, but never say never.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great wave! I also like how the classic and 90s comics are getting attention in the last waves!

I really liked the Marvel Now Magneto but it makes me wish the other 3 Uncanny X-Men members. I had liked more if they came as a boxset (maybe there´s still hope with a White Magneto in it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the avengers wave was really good but this is way better, I would say near perfect until reading the thread I was reminded of Mojo's creation the warwolves (now hand ninjas seem second best)

It seems churlish to have a wish list during the announcement of such a fantastic wave but if I ruled the world this wave would get a companion mojo world boxset with Quark, Ricochet Rita (with 6 arm harness) and a couple of warwolves, and yes i'm aware that 3 quarters of people who read this probably have no idea who any of those characters are lol.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Heinous said:

Didn't quark have a 5 inch figure back in the day? 

Sure Did! He was the goat-chap with the eye patch.
Toybiz made him in their 5" X-Men spin-off line, X-Force.

It still boggles my mind that they made so many weird, obscure characters as figures. The 90's was a very fun and interesting time to be a toy collector. 

$_35.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my favorite villains, and the minimate that kickstarted my addiction was Omega Red. Ever since then I've wanted a "Hulk Vs." display with Wolverine squared off against Red, Sabretooth, DP, and Lady Deathstrike. Looks like my dream will finally be realized.

I love this wave. I love the oddball figures like MODOK and now Mojo. And this one hits me right in the childhood. Sold American.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nessex said:

Sure Did! He was the goat-chap with the eye patch.
Toybiz made him in their 5" X-Men spin-off line, X-Force.

It still boggles my mind that they made so many weird, obscure characters as figures. The 90's was a very fun and interesting time to be a toy collector. 

$_35.JPG

I still have this gem and I still have no clue who he was even though I was a die-hard X-man fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Swarm198 said:

One of my favorite villains, and the minimate that kickstarted my addiction was Omega Red. Ever since then I've wanted a "Hulk Vs." display with Wolverine squared off against Red, Sabretooth, DP, and Lady Deathstrike. Looks like my dream will finally be realized.

I love this wave. I love the oddball figures like MODOK and now Mojo. And this one hits me right in the childhood. Sold American.

 

Hulk vs. Wolverine was my first taste of DP, and (I am 100% certain) helped shaped my love for comics and (in turn) Mini-mates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I still have this gem and I still have no clue who he was even though I was a die-hard X-man fan.

He actually appeared as a supporting character in the X-Men TV series once or twice, i think. But the toy is still the first place i ever saw him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2016 at 6:54 PM, Polarboy said:

I thought the avengers wave was really good but this is way better, I would say near perfect until reading the thread I was reminded of Mojo's creation the warwolves (now hand ninjas seem second best)

It seems churlish to have a wish list during the announcement of such a fantastic wave but if I ruled the world this wave would get a companion mojo world boxset with Quark, Ricochet Rita (with 6 arm harness) and a couple of warwolves, and yes i'm aware that 3 quarters of people who read this probably have no idea who any of those characters are lol.  

Funny you should mention that... ToyBiz "back in the day" apparently mocked up a Mojo World box set with the existing figures, less Spiral for some strange reason:

HB4DGa15_1308151829531.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the first I've ever seen of that ToyBiz Mojoverse set and I've seen almost everything. I'm guessing this would have been weird repaints like a silver Longshot, Green Quark, etc. It probably would have been a KayBee or FAO Schwartz exclusive.

ToyBiz did make Spiral in late 95/early 96, a rare female contribution to the line. She was released a year after Longshot, Shatterstar, Mojo and Quark or else she probably would have been included in this set.

If I can find a complete list, I'd like to to go through all of the old ToyBiz lines and see who we're missing as Minimates... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

If I can find a complete list, I'd like to to go through all of the old ToyBiz lines and see who we're missing as Minimates... 

That's funny... I've actually done that in a spreadsheet. Heavily edited though - like I didn't count the millions of Spidey variants. IIRC, we're mostly missing the oddball 90s characters from e.g. the X-Force line, X-Men 2099, Generation X, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

That's funny... I've actually done that in a spreadsheet. Heavily edited though - like I didn't count the millions of Spidey variants. IIRC, we're mostly missing the oddball 90s characters from e.g. the X-Force line, X-Men 2099, Generation X, etc. 

I have an excel file for all the modern stuff but not the classic ToyBiz (I sold all of them ages ago).

Toys were so different back then. On one hand it was cool to get so many oddball characters, on the other hand it was frustrating to have Tusk of the Dark Riders, Kylun and multiple versions of Garrison Kane but no proper Jean Grey or anything pre-Jim Lee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...