UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 72: Logan's Legacy (?)

Gmonkey2k

9 hours ago, elhonez said:

Waves 68, 69 and 72 have all been amazing for classic comic fans, so thanks Chuck, Zach et al for keeping the hits coming. This level of excellence demands a shout-out.

Thirded!  Loving all of the classic comic waves and can't wait for Silver Samurai to arrive. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found at TRU in Vernon Hills, IL. 

I gotta say. My favorite part about this wave is the fact that each and every Wolverine figure has the same face, just with a different expression. It makes the whole wave leaps and bounds better. This wave is a prime example of a sentiment I know most of us have: We loath the lack of comic book-centric waves, but man o man when we get them, they're perfect. Kudos to the nice guys at DST for this one!

18 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

This wave is a prime example of a sentiment I know most of us have: We loath the lack of comic book-centric waves, but man o man when we get them, they're perfect. Kudos to the nice guys at DST for this one!

If "most" of us hate movie waves so much, who's buying them? DST has said more than once that movie waves are generally good sellers.

I think perfect is a stretch but this wave is definitely above average in overall quality (Wolverine's boots being the only real issue) and innovative design.

I intended to use most very lightly. It was a reference to the fact that there are many people on the board (myself included) who don't like the movie waves and only buy comic based things. To answer you question of who's buying them, there are many people who collect Minimates that aren't aware of this message board. I can only think of one person who reviews Minimates regularly on YouTube who is on the multiverse: Smashmaster. 

What I said was not in any way intended to be a criticism of DST. If movie waves sell then that's perfect, make more of them. The last thing I want to see is Minimates fade into obscurity due to poor sales.

Edited by NerdyTrev

13 minutes ago, stack32 said:

If "most" of us hate movie waves so much, who's buying them? DST has said more than once that movie waves are generally good sellers.

I think perfect is a stretch but this wave is definitely above average in overall quality (Wolverine's boots being the only real issue) and innovative design.

I don't know about other locations, but the last several MCU movie waves didn't sell at all at any of the TRU locations near me. There are still Civil War mates on the shelf from both waves, NONE of the Dr. Strange ones sold (even on discount), and the Guardians aren't exactly moving either. The Wolverine wave has sold out and been restocked already after 2 weeks of showing up. 

Got my shipping notice from Luke's. So excited.

In other news, if anyone has a spare TRU Magneto set, i'm looking. Especially if he has decent paint apps (but it sounds like that's rare and beggars can't be choosers). Any help would be appreciated.

15 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

I don't know about other locations, but the last several MCU movie waves didn't sell at all at any of the TRU locations near me. There are still Civil War mates on the shelf from both waves, NONE of the Dr. Strange ones sold (even on discount), and the Guardians aren't exactly moving either. The Wolverine wave has sold out and been restocked already after 2 weeks of showing up. 

I'll have to check my LCS. I recall the second Civil War set not doing as well as the first and Doctor Strange lingering a bit. I think he's still got plenty of GOTG2.

The owner generally orders every Marvel assortment but if this trend continues, he may stop ordering movie sets or anything else that's being offered at TRU for 25% less.

Got my set a few days ago, don't have much to add that hasn't been said but I really hope any future Wolverine figures have the blue shoulder pieces attached to the main chest overlay like the battle damaged Wolverine does, I think it looks great like that and you don't have to worry about them constantly falling out of place 

2 hours ago, DarthBurkie said:

I ordered a 2nd set from Luke. Gonna cut the arrows off Ninja Attack, spray paint it black and make the Wolverine #1 1988 cover quick (-ish) custom!

that's a pretty great idea. i really wish we would have gotten the Madripoor Wolverine as part of this wave in place of Ninja Attack Wolvie, but I can't complain too much. 

I think I'm just not as picky as some of the people here, but I found the tru magneto set and looked at all three and didn't have a problem with the helmet with any of them so I just took whichever. Or maybe they were all good? I'd like to see a picture of a bad one you all are talking about  

Picked up the TRU assortment the other day, certainly one of my favorite waves to date, though a few significant quality control issues. Weapon X Wolverine seems to have one hand that is completely stuck in place (almost like plastic melted inside the joint?) and Lady Deathstrike has one extremely loose elbow joint (it moves w/o touching the arm). I think my favorite from this wave is Uncanny Magneto (mostly because I read this run), even though he can't use the floating stand included. Other highlights have to be Spiral and those fantastic hands, and of course the magnificent sculpts used to make Mojo. Another job well done DST!

11 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Picked up the TRU assortment the other day, certainly one of my favorite waves to date, though a few significant quality control issues. Weapon X Wolverine seems to have one hand that is completely stuck in place (almost like plastic melted inside the joint?) and Lady Deathstrike has one extremely loose elbow joint (it moves w/o touching the arm). I think my favorite from this wave is Uncanny Magneto (mostly because I read this run), even though he can't use the floating stand included. Other highlights have to be Spiral and those fantastic hands, and of course the magnificent sculpts used to make Mojo. Another job well done DST!

My magneto was the same, just found another black foot and swapped it. Easy 

10 hours ago, Heinous said:

My magneto was the same, just found another black foot and swapped it. Easy 

Oh, really? Did the peg holes in the feet change size from previous minimates then? I'll have to try this, thanks

Edit: Got home, switched out a foot, fits nice and snug on the stand, thanks for the advice!

Edited by OvenproofBug6