UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 72: Logan's Legacy (?)

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Zexion_Armando said:

I really need that magneto one but I'm sad that we only have 1/4 of the team well after they ended.

Magik is still wearing her costume as her current look. It's not totally out of the question that she might get a figure in that uniform. 

man those lady deathstrike/mojo hands wouldsure look good on skin!

Generation X minimates.... oh yes, pls! 

Edited by Nessex

i would love those. i still have the original toy biz waves unopened somewhere in my mother's garage. generation x was my favorite series for a good while even after it ended. and it'd be a fairly easy wave, similar to x-men vs brotherhood.

I'd love them too - but the wave would actually be surprisingly hard to do in the same format as the Brotherhood wave.
While there is a Generation x costume, outside of Husk & M, the team wore them very differently.
Jubliee had hers under her trench-coat, so I guess you could double her up with another character and include bonus arms and coat.
Sync was the only male to wear the full uniform without alteration.
Skin had a kind of  'summer uniform' thing going on to draw attention to his mutation. He usually had short sleeves, short pants with bare hands and feet. His uniform was sometimes drawn open or unzipped too with a crucifix hanging inside (although you *could* ignore that so that you could use the same chest block as Sync and save a little on design).
Mondo also had the shorts look, but was a lot beefier, and I imagine he'd get bulked up pieces if he were ever made. Thing arms would be a good way to show his 'morphing' power.
Penance war always wearing her 'Edward Scissorhands' cosplay outfit & Chamber was all black leather and trench-coat, so neither of them really have a costume that  can work as two characters with a quick head swap. Chamber would need a neckerchief head, as well as a snap-on bio-blast piece with unmasked face.
Husk and M would be a good character to have in the shared pack w/ the army builder (Phalanx). She'd just need to come with 3 heads though: 1 for M, 1 for Husk, and 1 for a tear-away-husking-power-metal-underneath variant.

(And before you ask, no - I haven't thought about possibilities for this wave a lot over the last few years. Not at all.)

How about this:

Emma Frost / Skin

Synch / Jubilee

Husk (skin peeled face head) / Phalanx Drone

M / Phalanx Drone

With a TRU paired set within an X-Men related assortment

Chamber / Phalanx Drone

X-Force Sunspot / Stryfe

X-Force Wolfsbane / X-Force Warpath redo (more bulked up)

We complete the GenX team and round out X-Force better. 

Heads up, I just found these in Los Angeles (specifically the Los Feliz TRU).

Also, for the record, they are fantastic; even the ones I didn't want to pick up.  I'm gonna have a hell of a time finding a Silver Samurai, but I'm almost okay with it because of how cool Mojo and Spiral are.  DST should do more comic waves, they really knock them out of the park.

Sold out at my closest ToysRUs :P Not sure if I want to go visit the others... The one I went to, by far, carries the most so I am not sure if it would be worth a trip.

*Edit Nevermind! I found some in town not too far. They are holding them at customer service for me :D. Best free comic day ever.

Edited by CableNathan

29 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

And Quark. 

I think someone on here made a pretty good Quark using the Battle Beasts' Vorin head.
Wouldn't bee too hard for DST to replicate if they still have the molds. He's a pretty D-list character though. I suspect the only way we'll get one is if we make our own.

I just found the TRU version of this wave at my local TRU.

I got one Mojo/Spiral pack and two each of  Tact. Wolverine/Magneto and Deathstrike/Weapon X packs.

I will try to go and get more if I can come up with the funds.

Now I got to get the full set from Luke's Toy Store and I will be a happy camper.

I just picked up Mojo/Spiral and Lady Deathstrike/Weapon X packs at TRU. 

Alas no Magneto set at this location. I found it at Dublin, CA. They had two more Mojo sets.

I was told they would be on the truck for thursday and I found them this morning in the Portland area. They had a case of them and I managed to find a Mags with good paint aps. But when I got home I noticed my Sporal is missing a hand ?

Edited by Romeo

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, Romeo said:

I was told they would be on the truck for thursday and I found them this morning in the Portland area. They had a case of them and I managed to find a Mags with good paint aps. But when I got home I noticed my Sporal is missing a hand ?

which Portland location?