UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 72: Logan's Legacy (?)

Gmonkey2k

14 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I think they're different enough DST wouldn't make one as an alternate look.

As long as they made one I wouldn't care. Odds are I would put her in an Avengers Jacket anyway.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the same design just on a more practical outfit....the only significant difference is the hair. 

The new Crystal costume runs circles around the original, as do most modern costumes.

On 10/18/2016 at 11:53 PM, bigvis497 said:

That's the first I've ever seen of that ToyBiz Mojoverse set and I've seen almost everything. I'm guessing this would have been weird repaints like a silver Longshot, Green Quark, etc. It probably would have been a KayBee or FAO Schwartz exclusive.

ToyBiz did make Spiral in late 95/early 96, a rare female contribution to the line. She was released a year after Longshot, Shatterstar, Mojo and Quark or else she probably would have been included in this set.

If I can find a complete list, I'd like to to go through all of the old ToyBiz lines and see who we're missing as Minimates... 

WOW - I have done a fair bit of looking around for 90's ToyBiz and i've never that before either.

I actually went on a bit of a bender a few years ago and bought every ToyBiz x-men figure i could find. I've got every single one of the short-carded figures now. 

On quick review, figures that made the X-men ToyBiz line that DST have yet to make into minimates include:

Strong Guy, Tusk, Ahab, Fitzroy, Kane, Albert, Morph, Random, Ch'od, Senyaka, Stryfe, Gideon, G W Bridge, Forearm, Raza, Kylun, Maverick, X-cutioner, Cameron Hodge, Warstar, Corsair, Gadiator Bonebreaker, Deathbird, Krule, Grizzly, X-Treme, Killspree, Quark, Slayback, Exodus, Black Tom Cassidy, Caliban, 
You could *technically* say Sauron, but i think the Reapers count as Sauron personally.

There were no doubt more, but i was mostly interested in the ToyBiz figures when they had individually illustrated packages. I lost interest when the packaging become generic, but there were a bunch of follow up lines like New Mutants, Age of Apocalypse and Generation X.

Then there are the never ending variants like Blue X-Factor Cyclops, Spy Wolverine, Fang Wolverine, the 7 different Cables that i don't think ever actually appeared in the comics. 

Edited by Nessex

Don't forget Garrison Kane, Crimson Commando, Genesis, Erik the Red, Sugar Man, Shard, Amphibious, Joseph, Ka-Zar, and Zabu.

In addition, the X-Force line had Capullo versions of Sunspot and Warpath. Generation X had headmistress Emma Frost, Jubilee, Chamber, Skin, Penance, Mondo, and Synch, along with some villains like Emplate, the Phalanx, and Marrow. They also had the full Peter David 90's X-Factor roster and some AoA character that never got minimates.

On 10/21/2016 at 6:33 PM, stack32 said:

It always amazes me how quick some people are to dismiss costume details as unimportant, even while multiple people are explaining why they're important.

I think it depends on the reasons. To me as a 35+ year fan of Crystals i don't care what costume they use of hers as long as they make her. If they were making yet another version of Wolverine/Iron Man/etc I would be more concerned about the details because if I am adding another version of the same character into my collection I want it to be perfect.

18 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

weaponprime.jpg

That's sad. Most of this team got figures in the Toy Biz universe. Except for Double Trouble, Tygerstrike, and Yeti the rest are collecting dust in my toy chest.

Edited by thereasonsy

On 10/25/2016 at 3:02 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

There are enough unmade 90's X-looks and characters that I'd be fine if none of these characters were ever released (except maybe G. W., and even then I'd rather see his SHIELD uniform).

Yeah I just made my own with a SHIELD body and then a Walking Dead Figure.

On 10/30/2016 at 7:38 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

If I had either of those figures I'd probably put my own together. What hairpiece did you use?

I used this face from Ezekiel from the Walking Dead line

fig2182flg.jpg

And a spare Strike Force Storm hair piece. Hail Ivan.