UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 72: Logan's Legacy (?)

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, force2099 said:

I hope the hand ninjas are part of the tru wave..........

Unforunaltly, they aren't :(

TRU is

Lady Deathstrike / VR Helmet Weapon-X

Mojo / Spiral

Tactical (Brown Suit) Wolverine / NOW! Magneto

48 minutes ago, Padrino said:

These look amazing! Spiral and Silver Samurai were on my list of most-wanted figures for a long time. 

I've been offline all weekend.  What's wave 71? Has that been announced? I don't see a link to the panel on the forum.

Wave 71 is the next Guardians wave.

Heres the panel: http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2016/10/09/nycc-2016-diamond-select-toys-panel-video-coverage/

Very nice wave.  Silver Samurai and Weapon X were my two top Wolverine-related wants, so obviously I'm happy about that.  Mojo and Spiral are terrific choices.  Brown Wolverine is, oddly, underrepresented in the line, so I'm happy to get what looks to be the definitive version.  The rest are nice too.  Only grumble is that the Silver Samurai looks to be a variant, but that just means I'll be ordering the whole set from Luke.  Kudos, DST!  This is, what, 3-4 great comics based waves in a row?

Some more detailed thoughts:

Lady Deathstrike – I still need a Deathstrike. She’s one of those older ‘Mates that I was on the fence about buying. I don’t collect the older stuff but I make exceptions if they are someone who’s odds of getting an update are slim (see also Silver Sable, Firestar). I’m pleasantly surprised to see she’s getting revisited here. I’m also glad I didn’t pick up the older one.

Weapon X – I liked the one we got years ago but I realize this is what everyone wants from a Weapon X. Fun fact: Weapon X was the very first X-Men toy I ever bought back in 1993 at the whopping inflated comic store price of $9.99. I’m here today thanks to that figure. I like how we’re slowly chipping away at Minimate versions of all the old ToyBiz figures.

Mojo – Wow, just wow. He looks exactly how I pictured he would. The clear stand in the center is a good design choice. I can’t wait to see how he looks from other angles and it’s going to be interesting to see how he fits in the packaging. I realize he’s probably costing over budget but it would be really neat if he got one of those flat screen TV’s from the Jessica Jones set. Mojo is proof that there really aren’t limits to what you can do with Minimates today. Mojo was an option back when we did the Wave 50 poll, who do we still have left from that?

Spiral – I’m a huge Spiral fan and it’s cool we have more characters from Longshot’s mythos. She’s actually someone we could add to our Brotherhood/Freedom Force ranks too. It doesn’t look like she has the Six-Armed Spider-Man piece because I don’t see the part that clips around the waist and neck. Spiral just plain looks cool and I hope she gets swords and a teleport base.

Arrow Wolverine – Definitely a unique variant on a design we’ve seen many times. Depending on the quality of the plastic, this one looks like it could be fragile. Can’t wait to see how the actual figure comes out.

Silver Samurai – Another major player to cross off the wish lists. I always dug his character design going way back to the ToyBiz days. If he gets a hairpiece it will be interesting to see if it’s like the old ToyBiz figure or if he gets a top knot. Puffy sleeves are a good design choice.

Hand Ninja – I’m cool with re-doing army builders every now and then to add some variety. These look to be an improvement over the original. Can’t wait to take pictures of 20 of these guys beating up Daredevil.

Tactical Gear Wolverine – I’m a big fan of the Larry Hama era of Wolverine so it’s cool to see specific designs based on his stories.

Magneto – I’m not the target audience for this kind of stuff but he is requested often so cool for those who were asking for him.

20 minutes ago, bigvis497 said:

Mojo was an option back when we did the Wave 50 poll, who do we still have left from that?

On 4/27/2015 at 2:17 AM, Nessex said:

Heroes

Cyborg Spider-Man

Ghost Rider (Blue, Danny Ketch)

Hydro Armor Iron Man

Iron Man 2020

Mutated Thing (Extra-Rocky)

Savage Grey Hulk (bulked up)

Team X Wolverine

Werewolf Captain America

B-Listers

Banshee

Black Knight II

Commander Steve Rogers

Falcon (modern)

Gladiator (Shi'ar)

Luke Cage (modern)

Songbird

Winter Soldier

Villains

Abomination

Apocalypse

Baron Strucker

Baron Zemo

Mojo

Onslaught

Vengeance

Wrecker

Cannon Fodder

Dire Wraiths

HAMMER Agents

Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)

Mandroids

Mindless Ones

Nova Corps Centurions

Stepford Cuckoos

Warwolves

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Sweet Holy Fuck.

What has two thumbs and is stoked about this wave? :thumbsup::thumbsup: This guy.

Nice work DST. Kudos. Props. Thanks even. Mojo & Spiral... wow. Arrow Wolverine is pretty cool. I'll buy any number of main character variants if they have fun novelty value, features or pack-ins. 

Capwolf is my most wanted missing poll member, followed by classic Jamie and Gladiator.

Still, it's impressive DST has been able to knock so many of them off the list. There are few I personally don't think are likely to be released, like Vengeance, the Dire Wraiths, the Mindless Ones (unless they show up in Doctor Strange 2), or the Warwolves (or Mutated Thing as long as Fox owns the film license for the FF). If DST does another fan poll wave (75 would be great), I hope the first poll's losers will stay on the roster.

Dire Wraiths are a 100% Marvel creation but I can see DST staying away from them right now. Trademarks are messy and it's easier to just avoid that kind of stuff.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/18/hasbro-trademarks-dire-wraiths-for-comics-will-marvel-comics-challenge-it/

The only one on the list I have no interest in is HAMMER agents. If Doctor Strange performs well, Mindless Ones could be a possibility. They've definitely got the visual coolness factor.

Edited by bigvis497
oops

I think Mindless Ones are important to get to still, likewise Madrox classic. bigvis, I totally agree about the visual coolness factor. They're probably my #1 army builder want at this point. I also hope they get around to Hydro Armor Iron Man - one of the last remaining bronze age suits.

Waves like this and 69 speak to me - nice big chunks of my bucket list removed at once. Samurai, Mojo & Spiral were all in my Top 10 X-List - guess it's time to re-write it!

With Mojo out of the way, I guess the next big "design challenge" MiniMate has to be Ego the Living Planet or Shuma Gorath...

38 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Yeah, the Hydro Armour would be great. Another classic Iron Man armour I'd like to see is the Space Armour, and maybe an updated version of the first red and gold horned armour.

Hydro and Space would be ideal. An updated classic Stealth and classic horned mask would be terrific too!

This series had me at Weapon X and Silver Samurai.

I'm still hoping for an X-23 to finish my All-New X-Men but, damn, I'm not sure I'd give up any of these for that spot. Really looking forward to prototypes. (Toy Fair?)

And I sure do hope clawless hands are included.

ZOMFG! This is awesome. What a wave!!!
Sorry to be tardy to the party. I have been interstate all weekend.

Thoughts in no particular order (apologies if i am doubling up on other peoples comments):

*Very clever to recycle the Deathstrike hands on Mojo. They look appropriate for both! 

*Spiral looks like she has no 'harness' like 6-arm Spidey did to put his arms on. Is this a new torso block with 6 arm-pegs molded on? I sure hope so. It could open the door for a Doppleganger at some point :D

*Is Mojo missing his 'hair piece' of cords and wires? He is often depicted as having a dreadlock-style do made of tubes and such.

*Spiral looks perfect. I hope she comes with a whole lot of swords (although, if the doesn't, she still looks amazing)

*Weapon X looks perfect.

*Silver Samurai looks perfect.

*Hand ninja will provide some variation to Hand armies.

*While i didn't think i *needed* a new BD Wolverine, those sculpted shoulder pieces with arrows coming out of them are fantastic! Way to value-add for the long-term collectors, DST! 

This also crosses off a couple of my Top 10 most wanted! I am *squeeing* about this wave.