UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 72: Logan's Legacy (?)

Gmonkey2k

Not all the Wolverines I wanted but those are pretty nice. It'll be interesting to see how Mojo and that battle-damaged Wolverine turn out; the design sheets look great but a lot will depend on the actual execution. It's also interesting that DST is only packing a Wolverine in three out of the five sets shown.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Not all the Wolverines I wanted but those are pretty nice. It'll be interesting to see how Mojo and that battle-damaged Wolverine turn out; the design sheets look great but a lot will depend on the actual execution. It's also interesting that DST is only packing a Wolverine in three out of the five sets shown.

It looks like the arrows are only on parts with cloth, so maybe the shirt layover is molded with those? 

Great mix of alternate looks for a "tentpole" figure while having some great choices from wish lists! Would've liked Daken instead of Magneto (just not a fan of the black suit but I know others are,) but I can live with it.

Here's hoping we get more waves like this if say the New Mutants or X-Force movies ever get made. :D

This whole wave is just...

tumblr_inline_nmge2wO37F1r0g0rd_500.gif

-Silver Samurai? Check.

-Lady Deathstrike? Check.

-Weapon X? Check again!

-The ideal brown Wolverine? Check!

-NOW! Magneto? Check! And let me tell you, next to a NOW! Moon Knight and ANAD Iron Doom, that was one of my most wanted figures.

-HAND Ninja Army-builder?! CHECK!

And plus, Mojo and Spiral. I don't care much for the latter, but Mojo is such a surprise that I can't even realize it! The BD-Wolverine is extremely nice as well, but I hope he comes with some extra parts. Maybe the arrows are an add-on, and he comes with a bare chest block, so that we can essentially make whatever Wolvie we want look BDed. Man, I'm really glad they're skipping on the Fox stuff now. We're getting comic goodness in the place of boring Fox-Verse mates. And that's great. I'm just curious why Wolvie shows up twice in the LCS Wave, while DP showed up in every pack of his Wave.

Seriously though, that's an excellent wave. I would've rathered someone like Daken or Cyber in Spiral's place, but man, this whole thing is just... great. A new great army bulder that's really pricey on the after market, tons of new characters and iconic looks that people have been clamoring for. Add to that the Kaine mate, and I'm ecstatic. 

Bravo DST, Bravo.

oGme8.gif

PS1: And because I'm never satisfied, now go do an ANAD Wave and be sure to include MK & Iron Doom!

PS2: You could also finish the NOW! Uncanny team now. Just a 4-Pack with Cyke, Emma, Magik and White Suit Magneto...

Edited by Kostisfire

3 hours ago, warburger said:

Hell Yeah! I have to edit my wish list sig.

Ladies and gents, your MOTY 2018 - Mojo!!! :)

Answered prayer for this set, specially Weapon X :highfive2:

Edited by xpatch
net problem

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Would have preferred Fatal attractions wolverine and magneto but other than that this wave is a grand slam dunk 

I gotta disagree this time. This NOW! Magneto is on point, and a perfect Brown Wolvie is needed. It all comes down to preference, but this wave is almost perfect in my eyes (I'd have targeted Daken's Dark Wolverine costume instead of Spiral).

2 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

I gotta disagree this time. This NOW! Magneto is on point, and a perfect Brown Wolvie is needed. It all comes down to preference, but this wave is almost perfect in my eyes (I'd have targeted Daken's Dark Wolverine costume instead of Spiral).

I dig the brown Wolverine. I more so meant replace the battle damaged wolverine with a different one.

Looks like a great wave. Different Wolverine then just a basic yellow blue is good but for me the winners are Silver Samurai and Weapon X they have been on a few lists I have seen over the years so thats great to finally get them.

Mojo and Spiral again look fantastic and are some I never thought would be made just on new tooling kinda thing (With six arm Spidey, Spiral was always kinda possible.)

Lady DS is a nice update to an old figure which I'm sure new collectors may not have so great for them to be able to get one.

BD Wolverine is a nice upgrade to just a tampoed teared costume block and even though we have had hand ninja's before it fits well with the wave and as ppl have said you can never have enough ninja's.

I may be being dense but if theis is wave 72 then whats wave 71? Movie Doc Strange is 70 so a bit confused, which isn't hard for me really :wacko:

Edited by MiniFiend UK
Added a question

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I dig the brown Wolverine. I more so meant replace the battle damaged wolverine with a different one.

Oh, yeah, the BD Wolverine is a bit "useless", that's true. Granted, if the ripped shirt is a seperate sculpted piece that fits over a bare chest block (Zach, could you shed some light onto this?), it could be a very fun figure. I just hope it comes with a few extras. Maybe a more BD torso, some zombie limbs, a different face with his skull showing, something like that. Still, this a stellar wave in my opinion. I haven't been this excited for something in quite a while. Apart from Spiral who's a character I don't care abour that much, the selection is on point. And honestly, I'm glad DST didn't go for the obvious choices like Team X Wolvie/Sabes or Patch and the like. This is a pure fan-service wave as far as I'm concerned.

I never really cared for 99% of these looks, aesthetically they never appealed to me.... But... I do love samurai, and will have to have the silver Samurai Chromed. I do think that mojo will be a thing of beauty in minimate form (in a so ugly, its cute kind of way), especially if it turns out half as good as Luke's...

So, who could be part of the companion wave at TRU? is the Magneto/Wolverine 2-pack part of that?